Exhaust Can?

powpounder

Reaction score
What’s a good can to put on to replace my heavy suitcase? Some better than others? I definitely want louder than stock. Or should I just run the stock suitcase for best performance? Thanks

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s a good can to put on to replace my heavy suitcase? Some better than others? I definitely want louder than stock. Or should I just run the stock suitcase for best performance? Thanks
I'm running a Redline can from Dave. Nice sound, sounds stock at idle, loud when on it hard... but not too loud. Guys I ride with say its sounds nice and not too loud.

powpounder

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I just stopped in Golden and picked up a mbrp race can on my way to Revy.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I just stopped in Golden and picked up a mbrp race can on my way to Revy.
I think it will be loud, guess you'll find out...lol. I don't know if you can change the can without removing the turbo elbow. At least I couldn't get mine out with removing it. Had one of the bolts pull the threads on the turbo housing. Had to order a bolt as the dealer didn't have any and repair threads on the turbo housing. Not a quick job like the N/A. At least it wasn't for me. IMG_5051.JPG

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new SSI can for a turbo if anyone is looking. $300.

powpounder

Reaction score
I think it will be loud, guess you'll find out...lol. I don't know if you can change the can without removing the turbo elbow. At least I couldn't get mine out with removing it. Had one of the bolts pull the threads on the turbo housing. Had to order a bolt as the dealer didn't have any and repair threads on the turbo housing. Not a quick job like the N/A. At least it wasn't for me.View attachment 251738
Changed the can in under 30 minutes. The elbow didn’t have to come out. Took out the 2 screws holding the side of the belly pan and slid the old can out. I did the same procedure when I installed the belly pan protector. I didn’t even remove the pipe as per the belly pan instructions said!

Top Bottom