Everyone prefers to go left?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got some novice riders tagging along lately and they are getting some of the skills down. I've been doing this for a long time and they were asking me why side-hilling and powder turns are easier to the left? I think most riders feel the same. It may be because engines are typically offset to the left making that side heavier but the gyroscopic affect of the spinning clutches over there may also be a big factor. Maybe left handed people prefer turning right. What do you guys think?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the same and it sucks for me where my right side is my strong side.( broken collarbone and can feel the plate on my left side)

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if there's anyone who always preferred right? We'll have to dissect them and see where the mutation occured lol.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a body dominant balance thing. Do lefty’s like to go right? Also agree with the throttle position statement.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is due to which hand is naturally dominant. When i started, it was easier to go to the right, i am a lefty. Right handed riders prefer going to the left.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Physics.

the spinning of the clutchs(and to some degree their weight on the left side of the sled) make for more stable assents or turns as the centripetal force acts to stablaize the machine, the closer those forces are to the side touching the ground.

think of it like gyroscope and how it acts.

position as well. Throttel pulled to the body sets the skis in the proper position(Side hilling)

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a can, the right is lighter and you don’t have the same counterweight to bring the left up. #stockcan

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I turn sh*tty either left or right. Still have fun though...

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a can, the right is lighter and you don’t have the same counterweight to bring the left up. #stockcan

I agree 100% with stock can and estart battery I can sidehill easier on the right side then my last sled with no estart and can. Both xm chasis. On a scale the front end is almost perfectly balanced.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to prefer pipe side down. Due to a bad right knee, and a plated together left collar bone, Prefer pipe side up.

Top Bottom