Etec turbo feedback

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an etec that sits in my trailer because I prefer my t-nytro. Thinking of throwing a turbo kit on it. Looking for feedback from guys who ran them this last season. What works, what doesn't, reliability, etc. leaning toward a TSS setup mainly because of the fuel controller they use as well as the water/ air intercooler. Thanks for the input.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aerocharger for me and it flat out rips hard, no fancy intercooler and fuel box needed

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure, when i bought mine it was 4200, intercooler was 500 extra.... we have a trash kit still for sale, its brand new kit still in the box with the garrette charger and dobec fuel controller, buddy never installed it, we will sell for a good price

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
aerocharger for me and it flat out rips hard, no fancy intercooler and fuel box needed
Has Aerocharger come out with a solution to holding the airbox on the e-techs? They told us to use pieces of belt and stuff them in between the gas tank and the airbox. Interesting fix coming from a bunch of engineers.
They also better find a way to get the 02 numbers in to the low 12's at WOT, because that is where they make power. They won't make any power in the 13's at WOT and detonation is only a matter of time.
Judging from all the emails I get from Aerocharger guys, they have a bit of homework to do.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know........ yes the air box will come off slowly, but the good thing is it makes for a great belt holder and i have used it since new with out issue, as for a/f numbers, in our testing the high 12s to low 13s has been the sweet spot, low 12s and power drops off quick, with running a 70/30 of pump/race detonation has not been a issue, but then that goes back to charge temps, and cold air is a must

ran with a stock etec with a/f gauge, and it ran 13s all day long, and we know how well they run

now if i had to change anything with the aero, it would be a one peice larger charge tube

Has Aerocharger come out with a solution to holding the airbox on the e-techs? They told us to use pieces of belt and stuff them in between the gas tank and the airbox. Interesting fix coming from a bunch of engineers.
They also better find a way to get the 02 numbers in to the low 12's at WOT, because that is where they make power. They won't make any power in the 13's at WOT and detonation is only a matter of time.
Judging from all the emails I get from Aerocharger guys, they have a bit of homework to do.

Reaction score
good to know........ yes the air box will come off slowly, but the good thing is it makes for a great belt holder and i have used it since new with out issue, as for a/f numbers, in our testing the high 12s to low 13s has been the sweet spot, low 12s and power drops off quick, with running a 70/30 of pump/race detonation has not been a issue, but then that goes back to charge temps, and cold air is a must

ran with a stock etec with a/f gauge, and it ran 13s all day long, and we know how well they run

now if i had to change anything with the aero, it would be a one peice larger charge tube

FredW,
CAll me we have one piece charge tubes. You are correct, the E-Tec make the most power at 8050rpm and 12.9 AFR

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do brad, i fabed a one peice up over the summer, but will try yours out as well.... need another for the xm

Top Bottom