enviromentalists gunnin for you folks...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy in the truck is just out having fun and on the trail by the looks of things.

All kinds of SxS pics out there that the greenies can cry about too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ahova has been trying to get a levey added or portion of the current registrations of all off hiway vehicles put aside for years now to create funds for creating and maintaining ridding areas may be now with the NDP this could happen

Plan is in place AOHVA is fighting the system. They want it their way or no way.
Held up by them. Other groups are willing to work not AOHVA

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan is in place AOHVA is fighting the system. They want it their way or no way.

What exactly do you mean they are holding things up? I saw the proposed legislation, looked pretty fair to all groups as far as I could tell.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you be able to elaborate on exactly what the AOHVA reservations are?

What exactly do you mean they are holding things up? I saw the proposed legislation, looked pretty fair to all groups as far as I cold tell.
Do you have a link to that proposed legislation?

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, members of the AOHVA had a meet and greet with the MLA's at the Royal Glenora club. We got to talk to the MLA's one on one about what was being proposed. Basically, registration fees from OHV's would go into an arms length fund to be administered by a non-government group. 15% of the fund was to go to non motorized users. It also meant that OHV clubs wouldn't have to compete with soccer clubs, rec clubs etc for funds. Win win for everyone.
The proposal was going to be tacked onto another bill, I don't recall which one. The opposition parties were ok with it as well. Long story short, Ms. Redfords trip back from South Africa dominated the sitting and the bill never made it to the floor.
I don't know where it sits now as our club has pretty much disbanded over frustration due to any lack of progress in protecting the trails we had been working on for the past 17 years. I put the lack of progress squarely on the local government officials and our previous MLA.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, members of the AOHVA had a meet and greet with the MLA's at the Royal Glenora club. We got to talk to the MLA's one on one about what was being proposed. Basically, registration fees from OHV's would go into an arms length fund to be administered by a non-government group. 15% of the fund was to go to non motorized users. It also meant that OHV clubs wouldn't have to compete with soccer clubs, rec clubs etc for funds. Win win for everyone.
The proposal was going to be tacked onto another bill, I don't recall which one. The opposition parties were ok with it as well. Long story short, Ms. Redfords trip back from South Africa dominated the sitting and the bill never made it to the floor.
I don't know where it sits now as our club has pretty much disbanded over frustration due to any lack of progress in protecting the trails we had been working on for the past 17 years. I put the lack of progress squarely on the local government officials and our previous MLA.

AOHVA wont buy into the plan of a DOA. Would work like the tire tax we all pay. Money goes to a group that follows the plan and funds are given to motorized groups that have needs for it. Lots of different DOA formulas. Hunting and fishing liciences etc.
AOHVA wants be hold the money the government of other trail groups say no. They refuse to cooperate further. Dead in the water. Cant have only 1/2 of the motorized groups on board to make the plan work. This has been worked on for years and now that its needed more than ever it sits looking for a new government to see if they want to continue.
Just what I hear about it

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the trail is closed to reclaim it and get it back up to snuff, why is it i see people not obeying the signs it is only gonna take a few bad apples to ruin it for the rest of us. Hence why they have cut off the elbow falls trail to may peeps going around gates when you could have walked in 100ft to see rather than ride. I guess we will have to see what these tree huggers will do,there is alot of us riders that obey signs and pay alot of money for our toys along with regs/insurance i am sure the government wont like loosing that revenue. Just my 2cents.

The NDP doesn't see it that way... they like to kill industry and fun... they like to tax you because they have to pay for the loss of revenue from industry... they like to build big gov't with lots of employee's and make Parks that no one can do anything with... when they are done with that they will start giving Indians their land back, "that i stole apparently" and let them have "self gov't" but wont cut them off the welfare gravy train or hospitals roads ect.... all paid for on those who pay taxes... then they will tell you that the land settlement isn't good enough that you can't go on Crown land as its Native Traditional Land basically giving them even more land... wake up people... THE NDP are about to slam dunk AB.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The NDP doesn't see it that way... they like to kill industry and fun... they like to tax you because they have to pay for the loss of revenue from industry... they like to build big gov't with lots of employee's and make Parks that no one can do anything with... when they are done with that they will start giving Indians their land back, "that i stole apparently" and let them have "self gov't" but wont cut them off the welfare gravy train or hospitals roads ect.... all paid for on those who pay taxes... then they will tell you that the land settlement isn't good enough that you can't go on Crown land as its Native Traditional Land basically giving them even more land... wake up people... THE NDP are about to slam dunk AB.

Do you own a time machine nobody knows about? Why did you assume the NDP government in a different province will take the same actions if there are no common politicians between these provinces? Our local government won't even be a factor in the problems we will have in the next 50 years.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you own a time machine nobody knows about? Why did you assume the NDP government in a different province will take the same actions if there are no common politicians between these provinces? Our local government won't even be a factor in the problems we will have in the next 50 years.
Probably because that is what every provincial NDP government has has ever done...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your

your right i could be wrong but IMHOP they are cut from the same cloth and i watched then sink BC in the 90's with three diff NDP leaders elected all did the same thing... all bleeding heart way to far left for my liking

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to get away from the politics for a moment, the tree huggers sniveling about land use are a small group of activists that have a club house in calgree. Nothing more than a bunch of trouble makers in the governments eyes and why they brush them off when they snivel...boo hoo. Go dry hump a knot in a log tree humpers! I'm surprised the lawn at there club house doesn't have donut marks all over it.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most of the AB premier's top staff are from Toronto; what did you mean by "local" government?;););):noidea:

Last edited:
Top Bottom