Engine/turbo troubleshooting 800 etec

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe etec needs to be plugged into the computer. It’s adjusted electronically.

U r correct sir! Saw that last night while Scrolling through the shop manual. It also stated that the higher the elevation, the less oil it consumes. I didn't realize that either.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with my dealer service manager today regarding bumping up the oil pump output. He said it can easily b done but the difference is very very minimal. Probably not worth doing. But he did mention that there is now a specific etec premix racing oil (Xps x2-rs syn racing oil). Thats probably what ill do.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with my dealer service manager today regarding bumping up the oil pump output. He said it can easily b done but the difference is very very minimal. Probably not worth doing. But he did mention that there is now a specific etec premix racing oil (Xps x2

I have mine turned up and it makes a considerable difference. There factor oil settings are all different sled two sled. Oler1234 and myself both added extra oil 2 minutes apart at Motor Tec. His factor setting was 3 and mine was 8. According to the tech it just depends on how they come from the factory. Ole1234 blew his motor up the first ride out because of a lean issue. When he striped the motor down, it was covered with oil. We both went down two numbers from the stock setting. He has since raised it back up one setting to be one below stock, mine is still set at 2. I am running a Redline Kit at 7lbs, he is running his own invention and his own fuel mapping at 3lbs. It definitely adds extra oil as evident in the torn down motor. Dry sumps and the skies in the air all the time, no oil on the crank and boom. ill spend the extra few bucks a day and have the extra oil.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
on an XIC? really wish i knew more about this box before boost it closed up shop lol

Not 100% sure, but every box on the market should have the ability. Or else there would be a lot of burnt Mag side pistons.

If I remember correctly on my boondocker and my attitude boxes they controlled the PTO side with trim. So if your mag side runs lean you would pull fuel from the trim, which would make the PTO side as lean as the mag side, and then add fuel to both. Which in turn would fix the imbalance, and would compensate for the hotter mag side.

It’s got a turbo on one side radiating heat, and another cylinder on the other side.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with my dealer service manager today regarding bumping up the oil pump output. He said it can easily b done but the difference is very very minimal. Probably not worth doing. But he did mention that there is now a specific etec premix racing oil (Xps x2

I have mine turned up and it makes a considerable difference. There factor oil settings are all different sled two sled. Oler1234 and myself both added extra oil 2 minutes apart at Motor Tec. His factor setting was 3 and mine was 8. According to the tech it just depends on how they come from the factory. Ole1234 blew his motor up the first ride out because of a lean issue. When he striped the motor down, it was covered with oil. We both went down two numbers from the stock setting. He has since raised it back up one setting to be one below stock, mine is still set at 2. I am running a Redline Kit at 7lbs, he is running his own invention and his own fuel mapping at 3lbs. It definitely adds extra oil as evident in the torn down motor. Dry sumps and the skies in the air all the time, no oil on the crank and boom. ill spend the extra few bucks a day and have the extra oil.

Yes every sled is different right from the factory. But not exactly sure I follow your post correctly. So u had your oil pump adjusted to deliver more oil then turned it back down again? U started at #8 now @ # 2. Or is it the lower the # the more oil it delivers?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Another thing easier to do, leave the oil pump lightly rich for stock, then add 1/4-1/2 litre of oil in your fuel every fill. Should make it 80:1 or 160:1 ratio. At least that way when you inject more fuel in while it boost that fuel contains a little extra oil. Of course in a perfect world everyone would premix.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You can't trim one injector individually with the XIC, both fuel injectors are set to deliver the same amount. You have to tune to the leanest cylinder.

I’m honesty really surprised they wouldn’t have that feature. It’s even on my attitude controller.

Sorry for the false info.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Another thing easier to do, leave the oil pump lightly rich for stock, then add 1/4-1/2 litre of oil in your fuel every fill. Should make it 80:1 or 160:1 ratio. At least that way when you inject more fuel in while it boost that fuel contains a little extra oil. Of course in a perfect world everyone would premix.

I thought I read somewhere that mixing oil may ruin the injectors?? Don’t quote me tho.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I thought I read somewhere that mixing oil may ruin the injectors?? Don’t quote me tho.

Unsure for etecs, but I’m guessing they use automotive injectors, and that’s what cat uses. I have been doing premix on my sleds for years.

If anything it will help aid in longevity of the injector having lubrication. My thoughts anyways

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

New XPS X2-RS Racing Oil

To compliment the RS’s all new pre-mix direct injection, E-Tec engine, Ski-Doo also introduces its X2-RS full synthetic oil. All racing snowmobiles experience extreme load conditions, at high RPMs, at extreme temperatures. This new full synthetic oil is designed with a higher viscosity base, using their unique to XPS additive package for all race engines, maximizing power and throttle response.
If u wanna little extra oil in the tank I'd say use this!

Attachments

• 91EfSaDT9jL._SY450_.jpg
    91EfSaDT9jL._SY450_.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 410

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought premixing on the etecs didnt do anything because the fuel/oil mixture is injected directly into the combustion chamber. Is a tiny bit of oil sprayed directly on the top of the piston right before combustion going to do anything?

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought premixing on the etecs didnt do anything because the fuel/oil mixture is injected directly into the combustion chamber. Is a tiny bit of oil sprayed directly on the top of the piston right before combustion going to do anything?

Correct,,, there will be no extra oil getting to the bottom end on premixed 800 etecs unless your turbo is using boost injectors then it would be a good Idea to premix because the boost injectors will wash away some of the oil residue in the bottom end,,, ( same reason the 850's use a little more oil

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run 50 to 1 oil in my fuel in my boost it etec. and i left the stock oil pump on the factory setting as recommended by tj at boost it. no issues here as of yet. oler is somehow running no aux injectors ( u have my attention) and bayman says he has a dry crank sump, running a redline kit with extra injectors? ... id say bayman needs so oil in the tank or ur intake side of the pistons will be short lived.

Top Bottom