Enclosed trailer Must have options

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Along the same lines of the electric heater have you guys run the heaters while driving down the road?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Along the same lines of the electric heater have you guys run the heaters while driving down the road?

I ran two 1500 watt electric wall mounted heaters with fans off of a Honda 3000 in the truck box. I had to over fill the oil in the generator or the low oil would trip on sharp corners and shut it down. Trailer was 18' v nose and it would stay warm while driving but if it was cold it wouldn't warm up till you were stopped.

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
fuel doors. led lights.forced air furnace with glove / boot drying station. fans to move air around .
IMG_0951.jpg

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of info here but only a couple pics for visual ideas. This is the bar I put in. Still setting everything else up. I am ducting my heat heat to the floor as it is always cold on the bottom foot or 2. Heat rises anyway! Also dont forget a garbage can. Sure helps in keeping the trailer clean. I have a nice aluminum one bolted to the wall.

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked one of those cabinets up for that exact reason, but do you think I can find the cup holder...nope!! edmonton sledshow they were selling a ton of accessories, but the fella told me they were sold out of the cup dispenser, they only brought three:rolleyes:. and wouldn't sell me the one in the trailer. Oh well, hopefully the saskatoon show will have them.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think redline is coming to stoon show if that was who had some Or was it Allen dale? Wish I would have known about them for accessories last yr as I built most of my own since I wasn't satisfied with the pit boss stuff Flaman had and lack of selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allandale has all this stuff. It is locally made and much nicer than some of the other stuff I saw at the sled show.

I think redline is coming to stoon show if that was who had some Or was it Allen dale? Wish I would have known about them for accessories last yr as I built most of my own since I wasn't satisfied with the pit boss stuff Flaman had and lack of selection

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Allandale has all this stuff. It is locally made and much nicer than some of the other stuff I saw at the sled show.

and posnick will be happy to give you a smoking deal on one ;)

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked one of those cabinets up for that exact reason, but do you think I can find the cup holder...nope!! edmonton sledshow they were selling a ton of accessories, but the fella told me they were sold out of the cup dispenser, they only brought three:rolleyes:. and wouldn't sell me the one in the trailer. Oh well, hopefully the saskatoon show will have them.

Start googling "solo cup dispenser" "plastic cup dispenser" million places online and ebay etc. to pick one up. have had mine for a couple years now, ordered online for like 35$ to my door.
IMG_8097.jpg

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good lights and brakes to pass Valemount police inspections...
Then you do not have to park the trailer to go into town to pay huge fines and towing bills.
:nono:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened to me out there years ago as well. Breakaway was not working on trailer that was one year old(I of course didn't know this but also could have checked it before leaving) had to dump it on side of road and tow truck driver came out with new breakaway wired it up and was then good to go after fines of course. I do understand why they do it for safety but sledders out there are a targeted cash cow and it wasn't the Valemount local cops doing these checkstops. I will call it educational as heading to Valemount I make sure my stuff is working they also don't like light bars, HID's, tinted windows and I'm sure a bunch of other things we seem to get away with in Alberta.

Good lights and brakes to pass Valemount police inspections...
Then you do not have to park the trailer to go into town to pay huge fines and towing bills.
:nono:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Redline does nice job with the company they use to router them out. Personally I like stuff that fabricated with brake press less sq /sharp corners

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do and there prices were the best I seen at sled show.

Redline does nice job with the company they use to router them out. Personally I like stuff that fabricated with brake press less sq /sharp corners

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With parts (new 12 volt battery), fines, tow truck bill (temp lites), running stock Dodge fog lamps (when it not bad weather) and speeding it was just about $1000.
I do a check every time I pull out of the yard for all this stuff, but marker lites and tail lites seemed to have burnt out at a bad time.
I did do a Break away check with my trailer plug connected, but the break away needs to be stand alone to operate with out truck power. Replaced all my lites with LEDs.
The cop was decent, I was speeding and I learned a few things. Great weekend of snow and few breakdowns.
All in all we were good with everything in the end.

Sooooo....How much was your fine???

Top Bottom