Elkford Conditions.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug so true about the burn area near Fernie. we were at the rolling hills cabin yesterday and saw the carnage.
I haven't ridden Elkford yet this year but a little further south the snow is light and fluffy and sitting on top of a solid base. When one is on the throttle, the sled is sinking quite deep in the snow and the tagging of hazards is quite common. Cal has a good point, "knowing the area", and if you are riding the burn in Fernie it is a gong show for hazards. Other places are manageable.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bluebird today but not a bird flying. -27C this morning and it will be awhile for some warmth to move in.

IMG_1759.JPG

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it doesn't dump too much while I'm gone. I really don't want to have to chase the snowblower around for an hour and a half after an 8hr drive back home next week lol.

But if it did I'd be ok with it too so long as there was some pow left to ride.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it doesn't dump too much while I'm gone. I really don't want to have to chase the snowblower around for an hour and a half after an 8hr drive back home next week lol.

But if it did I'd be ok with it too so long as there was some pow left to ride.

Hire a local kid to shovel while your gone, problem solved!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode again today, all the "easy" meadows and open bowls are pretty tracked out, but still a ton of very rideable snow not far off the freshly groomed trails!

ef047d6f4ebb558259a52fe421826242.jpg

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull the vmax into the garage and get it trail ready and maybe go for a rip. Until we get more snow it don't look like I'm gonna need the 3" track lol.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
The sledders that were working on the new warm up cabin today must have had a good day up Koko as they are sure having a good time now. ( Down the street a couple doors )

Top Bottom