Electric start or pull?????

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
Im picking up my 2014 Sp tomorrow and i went with a Electric start, Not sure if it was wise. The only thing i was thinking about was powering a Montana 650 and digging my sled out and being so wiped that pulling it gassed me out!! It was a P-Teck so maybe having no carbs will be a breeze starting it after a roll out!! Moral of the story is get in better shape and dont get stuck!!

Just wondering what everyone prefers??? Electric or Pull?

Hope i dont regret my decision.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull here. Sure the odd time it's nice starting your sled off camber etc. but it's always a one pull start and it's the only excercise I get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-start is nice, but I went with pull start on mine. The etec just starts so easy so that's why I went with it.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I bought an electric start xm last year and im glad I did. Im not a so called expert on the mountain nor do I want to be. Everybody frowns on the extra weight but come on now. It maybe 30lbs or so I could maybe understand it more if you weigh 400 lbs but usually that's not the case. I rode with a Yamaha turbo nitro and went everywhere he did. Unless your 20 years old and trying to get a sponsor go with electric start. JMO

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric start? Touring ,utility sled or four stroke turbo.
Mountain sled not needed. If you can't pull a cord you can't get it unstuck .
Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both.

My pull cord fawked up first ride.

At least with both , if the battery fawks up u can still pull it.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't put in electric and am now regretting it enough that I am going to pay the price and do it. The E-TEC usually starts good but not always usually that is after you have to roll it out of a hole or something extra strenuous. Some of the e-tecs do not start well in cold weather (on this XM thread) ad while mine is not one of those, sure as hell takes some concentration. I think you made the right choice. Make sure they install the recoil to so you have an easy back-up.

Enjoy your new sled.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they not come with the recoil usually? Is this something i should have asked for that costs extra?

My understanding is that if you ordered the sled with e start it does not come with a recoil. If you purchased off the floor with pull start then e-start is added - can't see them removing the recoil. Double check with the dealer.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I think the pull rope is 250bucks to add to a estart model. Mine was factory ordered as well so no pull start. I didn't bother with adding the pull rope just figure a guy could get a boost if needed or use the emergency pull start off the clutch. Not to sure what kind of rodeo that would be tho lol.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went with e-start on the pro and they even keep the pull start system on. what a great company they are. lolololol

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I typing in the above I knew I would get a response or two and I was laughing when I was doing it.getting towed out 3 times last season I now pack a tow rope so I don't have to cut the pull cord off and use that as my tow rope .
That way when you need a tow out you can cut your pull cord off and use it as a tow rope.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the pull rope is 250bucks to add to a estart model. Mine was factory ordered as well so no pull start. I didn't bother with adding the pull rope just figure a guy could get a boost if needed or use the emergency pull start off the clutch. Not to sure what kind of rodeo that would be tho lol.

I had an issue with my start button last season and had to start it with the rope from the tool kit. 1-1/2 wrap and a stiff pluck and your in business
It's not as much fun putting belt cover on over a spinning primary though lol

Thegeneral

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
E Start is like Air Conditioning.........you don't miss it until you've had it.

Haha! I've been bugged pretty hard from my friends for getting it but it looks like the number of people that enjoy it are out weighing the ones that dont. I'm just excited for mygps to stay on with the back light on full all the time. I love being the navigator when everyone is lost!!

Top Bottom