Electric Pickup Trucks: What’s Here and What’s Coming

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
imagine pulling your electric pickup into the driveway and plugging it in to recharge.....2-3 days later you’ll be able to use it again....

this one boasts a 15 minute charge time.... As quick as filling up my pickup with fuel now ;)

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
Towing a sled trailer, in -15 temperatures, in 25 cms of snow, up the Rockies, the battery will be dead 20% of the way to the riding area. Best carry a large Kw diesel generator in the box for recharging, and not mind a lot of sitting times while it recharges a few times on the way up, and back home.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what ford comes out with for the electric F150. I think that's the most likely electric pickup to be purchased in Alberta.

The Cybertruck seems cool, but its aesthetics will turn a lot of people off and the electric Hummer is a high priced toy, not really practical as a truck.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think anyone who lives in a city should have to own only electric vehicles. What do you need a 600HP supercharged car for or a done up diesel truck. I mean if the government wants to force legal gun owners to turn in their guns because they don't need a 5 round mag for hunting then what do you need a V8 for when the speed limit is 30-50km/hr? Makes sense to me.:rolleyes:

Problem is most EV,s are gonna be between 300-1000hp, where as most people need a bus pass instead of a 1.4ltr or 3.0ltr because when the road gets wet they drive 30 below the limit and are simply an accident waiting to happen. So no an EV would be out of the ? for these kinds lol!

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
this one boasts a 15 minute charge time.... As quick as filling up my pickup with fuel now ;)

In perfect conditions possibly, but you have to have the exactly correct super fast charger, and hope there isn't a line up to use it.
I took a road trip last year with an electric car owner, range anxiety, hoping the one charge station in the area wasn't difficult to find, or already occupied, or worse broken. I would rather pay $3 a liter, and drive a gas car.

Top Bottom