Electric chainsaw safety

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaps work, I don't cut without them! The bush is not a play pen. Thought i was always safe and taking the proper steps. After 45 years of running a saw, it got me. Only damage to me was the wallet buying a new pair.

Attachments

• 29B5DC0A-B03F-4D14-A897-4455C3519CEE.jpeg
    29B5DC0A-B03F-4D14-A897-4455C3519CEE.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 118

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking with a fellow the other day while out cutting some firewood. He was using an electric saw, with no safety gear.
He proceeded to tell me that electric saws were safer and he didn’t need all that gear. I always wear hard hat, shield, muffs and wcb approved chaps or pants.
I decided to go looking for info.
It is all over the board from less safe to more safe. Even read some comments that my chaps won’t stop an electric saw.
So here we go.

I watched a guy bucking on a landing years ago almost sever his lower leg. It scares me to this day. Be safe

You wear muffs? Aren't those electric saws way quieter than gas saws?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being safe ?

IMG_6050.jpg

Working safe?

IMG_6051.jpg

With a 16” saw.

Last edited:

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure everybody here wearing chaps with their cordless chainsaw also wears a hard hat, steel toes, safety glasses, cut rated work gloves and a fall arrest harness and lanyard while replacing an overhead light bulb at home. If you are working all day cutting firewood or working professionally, then sure use all the proper gear. Hell, I sometimes exceed the posted speed limit and once even dared to text on my phone while walking. Amazed to have lived this long. Happy Father’s Day you uptight f*cks. Haha

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure everybody here wearing chaps with their cordless chainsaw also wears a hard hat, steel toes, safety glasses, cut rated work gloves and a fall arrest harness and lanyard while replacing an overhead light bulb at home. If you are working all day cutting firewood or working professionally, then sure use all the proper gear. Hell, I sometimes exceed the posted speed limit and once even dared to text on my phone while walking. Amazed to have lived this long. Happy Father’s Day you uptight f*cks. Haha

I’ve been known to cut firewood with a severe beer buzz wearing flip flops and shorts lol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My initial post was about a guy out cutting firewood all day with an electric saw?
I’m not uptight about anything, it was meant to help people be aware of the dangers of electric saws.
I personally don’t give a fawk what you do.
And another helpful thread on snow and mud bites the dust.

Why don’t we all just talk about covid. FFS

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Totally agree. Here's something that has always baffled me. Why is all those things customary to be safe with a chainsaw, but to use a skilsaw all you need is glasses? Perfectly fine to use wearing shorts as many do. A skilsaw can cut your leg as bad or worse then a chainsaw if not used properly. I personally don't know anyone who has had a chainsaw injury but I know 2 people who have had a hand really fawked up from a skilsaw.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good reading and laughs
Next time im in city think I will buy a lid with visor and chaps. Seeing the skilled with chaps that have a hole vs leg missing well worth the cash.
Don’t cut much around home but I’ll drive out 15-30min into bush in n quad by myself on hunt for down/ dead trees for firewood so a little safety wouldn’t hurt

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a messed up society when people don't understand the dangers when using a gas powered chainsaw vs a battery powered chainsaw. And for someone to defend people who don't understand the dangers are even worse. The more we try help the dumb ones, the dumber everyone seems to get. Take car manuals for instance, in the 70s the manual taught you how to set valve lash and now it tells you not to drink the battery acid.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valve lash was the most complicated part of the car in the 70s. Now there’s 300 pages on pairing your phone and getting your mobile hotspot to cool your seats while massaging your balls to music from satellite radio.

Top Bottom