Early season trail courtesy

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, I've said this before and I think now is a good time to repeat it. Early season riding is upon us, and we will all have to drive up the trail to get to the snow to unload.:nono: Unfortunately, their are a few, usually and from all my previous encounters pulling 4 place enclosed trailers, that just ain't to smart:loser: when it comes to the early season. The ones I'm referring to are the ones that come up the trail spin out, get stuck, block the trail and then decide to leave their rig in the way and go riding. Meanwhile the rest of us are either trying to get up the trail to where the snow is better for unloading or the pull- outs are wider for a few to park or worse we are all ready farther up the trail parked and riding and when we come down we can't get past until these idiots get back to move their rig. I'm asking everyone to use some common sense, if you get your rig stuck on the trail, don't think your the only one using that trail, BEFORE you go riding get it unstuck and pulled out of the way so as not to piss the rest of us off. Better yet, leave the stupid 4 place at home or in the parking lot where it belongs and haul your sleds up the trail on 2 place opens or decks.Also be prepared, carry in your rig TIRE CHAINS, shovel, jack-all or come-a-long if you aren't equipped with a winch. I for one have had enough with these morons that have blocked the trail in early and late season rides, and hope for your sake that you have a back-up plan to get home should I come across your rig blocking the trail I use. I don't like to unload and run my sled up in the dirt and mud, maybe you do I don't care, but I prefer to unload in good snow. All I'm asking for is some simple common sense, besides, why would you want to ruin a good day of sledding:Snowmobile1: by having to come down the trail and having to dig your rig out of the ditch at the end of the day.
Enough of my rant:rant:, 2 weeks until the first ride, here's hoping that everyone has a safe enjoyable season!:beer::beer::beerchug:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.

I have a four place and don't usually make the early year because of that.

But....

If someone had a RAZR and a trailer and would be willing to haul my ass up the hill. I would pay top dollar for that service.

Hint Hint to the new sled shop in McBride.

I think there is a good demand for that service.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry can speak to the specifics, but I think I was told that the road was recently classified as "recreational use" only, and the local sled club is now responsible for the maintenance of it, so they're putting up a gate to keep ALL trucks off the renshaw road. Only allowing ATV's or UTV's with small trailers up there.

I hope its a good gate, and there is a big sign letting people know the new rules.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I agree.

I have a four place and don't usually make the early year because of that.

But....

If someone had a RAZR and a trailer and would be willing to haul my ass up the hill. I would pay top dollar for that service.

Hint Hint to the new sled shop in McBride.

I think there is a good demand for that service.

Check out "bbtoys" avatar. He's got the RZR and the double trailer and if you talk to him really nice, he will probably help you out.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry can speak to the specifics, but I think I was told that the road was recently classified as "recreational use" only, and the local sled club is now responsible for the maintenance of it, so they're putting up a gate to keep ALL trucks off the renshaw road. Only allowing ATV's or UTV's with small trailers up there.

I hope its a good gate, and there is a big sign letting people know the new rules.

The gate is good enough that it wont be pulled down with a vehicle.. But it will be opened up just as soon as the road is frozen so that it doesn't get all rutted up as yes it is now a recreation use only road so no one to pay for the grading of it if it gets all rutted up.. but theremight be some peeps in town will haul sleds on a small trailer..

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good Info Glen...thx
The gate is good enough that it wont be pulled down with a vehicle.. But it will be opened up just as soon as the road is frozen so that it doesn't get all rutted up as yes it is now a recreation use only road so no one to pay for the grading of it if it gets all rutted up.. but theremight be some peeps in town will haul sleds on a small trailer..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road should be fine by then.. And a person is able to get around it with a sled or quad.. Hopoefully by then we'll have snow right at the main staging area so wont need to drive anywhere.. It will only be closed when the road is soft so that the road doesn't get all rutted up..

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Going in next week with the ranger and the sleds just wondering how far it is from the highway to the gate and how from the gate to the trail head.

Top Bottom