team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
3EF0713E-2AC3-4322-9222-385E9EF1E7F8.jpeg
9D0BD8A9-BBD6-4D64-B421-BCB6C5E6F61A.jpeg
F5115C42-E193-438E-B7C0-C620F167A85F.jpeg

They can really suck when travelling into zones less traveled. This particular zone has 23 and some are no more than 50’ apart.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking after 2.5 K The first 2 k are very slick and icy. bring chains. repeat of last years circus. groomed over to blue lake not to Owlhead cabin

flatspeed

Reaction score
Screenshot_20211226-170025_Video Player.jpg

Owlhead on boxing day: Bitter cold, trail from the connector to cabin is ungroomed and whooped out, but oh so worth it. Sunny up top, cold smoke and fresh tracks all day!

Ps. Snow above cabin elevation is safe to dip into, anything below, well, a-arms beware.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road building is taking place on Quest and 6.5km to park for sledding. The use of radios and chains are required.

Owlhead is currently affected by some road building and logging. The first 2 km of trail will be shared with heavy equipment.

Blue Lake and Eagle Pass parking at the bottom.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue, yesterday. Phenomenal! Where? Everywhere! Billdozer, Lawn Dart, Roberto and myself hit the freshly groomed trail not bright or early, kinda like us. The majority of sledders appeared to veer off at 10km and hit Sugar Loaf, we opted for the usual route and were not disappointed. Every spot we hit before the cabin and below the cabin , untouched, headlight high snow, all day! The sleds that were up there were huddled in the cabin????? Snowed all day, bad day for goggle freeze up, no one could keep them cleared. Still many holes here and there, zero base in some spots, clear cuts still very iffy. I did manage a patented Billdozer Barrel Roll pic at the very end of the day, the bugger is getting faster on his boots though because he exited from the "turtle on its back" position before I could snap the glossy. He will no doubt now post some bogus pic of me which is merely me marking the trail that had a bad spot, for other riders to avoid, thats it!! Great day boys!!

Attachments

• Blue220103a.jpg
    Blue220103a.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Blue220103b.jpg
    Blue220103b.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue, yesterday. Phenomenal! Where? Everywhere! Billdozer, Lawn Dart, Roberto and myself hit the freshly groomed trail not bright or early, kinda like us. The majority of sledders appeared to veer off at 10km and hit Sugar Loaf, we opted for the usual route and were not disappointed. Every spot we hit before the cabin and below the cabin , untouched, headlight high snow, all day! The sleds that were up there were huddled in the cabin????? Snowed all day, bad day for goggle freeze up, no one could keep them cleared. Still many holes here and there, zero base in some spots, clear cuts still very iffy. I did manage a patented Billdozer Barrel Roll at the very end of the day, the bugger is getting faster on his boots though because he exited from the "turtle on its back" position before I could snap the glossy. He will no doubt now post some bogus pic of me which is merely me marking the trail that had a bad spot, for other riders to avoid, thats it!! Great day boys!!
Please see attached Bogus Photo's :Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1: IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1438.jpg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Lake not logging? Staging in the Malakwa lot?
yes all good from that side. Stay away from owlhead side. They are logging and plowing the road. Parking as always is an issue at blue but not as bad as Owlhead will be. Way more snow to the east as well.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wrapped up an amazing two day trip. Rode on Tuesday was amazing conditions, dry powder anywhere from bumper to headlight deep. Rode eagles yesterday, clear sky’s and powder!!! Game out on fumes both days. Thanks sicamous!!

Top Bottom