Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2020-2021

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A message from Sled Sicamous FB site.

SLED Sicamous

Good afternoon and Happy Friday! This is just a friendly reminder to all of those out there NOT supporting Sled Sicamous and accessing our trails via back doors. Our local logging companies (specifically at Griffin and Yard Creek) are reminding you that many of those accesses are active logging trails. With the warming of weather during the day and cool weather at night these FSR's are EXTREMELY icy at this time. If you park on these FSR's you need to understand that these loaded logging trucks cannot easily get by you - and in some situations will not be able to stop or avoid your vehicles.

It goes without saying your $25 day pass would be a wise investment in keeping the greater investment of your vehicle intact. Again, just a friendly reminder, from Sled Sicamous and your local loggers.

Sled Safe

hardcorex

Reaction score
Is blue lake accessible from the original way or only by owlshead? I am guessing owlshead is out of the question for a four place now.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is blue lake accessible from the original way or only by owlshead? I am guessing owlshead is out of the question for a four place now.
Blue has been plowed all winter to 10 km, and I think there still logging it

So ya, that's a no go

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they shut down logging for breakup?
Ya, but later in the year, it's still been cold up top

And the snow and lack of it this year has let them keep going

I would take a two place trailer up there, but a four place no

If the corners full, ya got no place to turn around at 10 km

hardcorex

Reaction score
What about the trail behind the burner, does that get you in beyond where there logging? Never been but heard of it!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think of Sicamous as a deck friendly riding area almost all the time. Really just a short part of the season your riding from bottom on snow. This year has been gravel for a few km almost all season. If you go to hunters you can ride snow from your trailer

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Think of Sicamous as a deck friendly riding area almost all the time. Really just a short part of the season your riding from bottom on snow. This year has been gravel for a few km almost all season. If you go to hunters you can ride snow from your trailer
Not anymore. A little hairy today. No slipping going up but a little iffy on the way down as it was quite slippery. Too much ice to pull a trailer to the snow line and even the last turn around place would be difficult to get to.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMlSd1ABFFk/

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are running a 4 place be sure to have some chains handy, and a decent shovel to put under the jack. this will help when you have to turn it around by hand. Also, some good tire chalks.

Just what i heard.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not anymore. A little hairy today. No slipping going up but a little iffy on the way down as it was quite slippery. Too much ice to pull a trailer to the snow line and even the last turn around place would be difficult to get to.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMlSd1ABFFk/

well that has deteriorated quickly How many km did you drive up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sled recovery companies to retrieve a sled in eagles pass?
Call serg

daf2864315583c99fd411008f84697bd.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode Owls today. Parking at 6.5km or the East Owls FSR junction. 2WD all the way up and the last kilometre the ruts are pretty deep and I think some trailers would be dragging. 18 vehicles, 3 with small open 2 place trailers, and the others were all decks. Trail was frozen hard and there were heating issues until about 13 km. Probably 20 cm of fresh up at the cabin and in the meadows. Did the Bio Mass trail, Skinny Ridge, and explored the meadows on the east side of the groomed trail. A great day and only saw 3 other people. Mostly untracked on the west side of the groomed but the east side had been busy. Came down early for beer and wings. Used low range 4x4 low gear to save the brakes. All in all, a great day.

Spring is definitely in the air with deciduous plants showing their leaves and buds.

IMG_5951.jpeg

IMG_5953.jpeg
IMG_5957.jpeg
IMG_5964.jpeg

Top Bottom