duromax fuel economy

AbleSmith

Reaction score
Website
www.carsbyownerinusa.com
Dont accelerate quickly, do not let idle your engine more than 30 seconds because it will costs more fuel and most important thing is your tire choice because tire choice could have 1-3% penalty in fuel economy.
----------------------------------------
|

billybigrigs

Reaction score
I got an 05 LLY with a afe intake and filter, diablo predator programmer, afe turbo mouthpeice, straight pipe, lift with 35" tires and I get 22-24 mpg on the highway and 14 in the city. I also use dsg 4+ premium fuel additive, and have a oil pan heater so it shifts into od sooner when it spends the nite outside.

tasco

Reaction score
I have a 04.5 Lly don't know exactly what my milage is but I know this. I use a Va Aaken chip, set at medium (this company no longer sells chips as far as I know). Anyway I went selding to Fernie twice now same trip same milage only difference on trip had my chip installed and one did not.

The trip I made with out my chip I was bucking a head wind and hauling 2 sleds on my deck and I used a solid tank and a 1/4 of diesel

The trip I made with my chip installed I did not seem to be bucking a wind and was hauling 1 sled on my deck and easily made it back and forth on 1 tank of diesel

Weather the wind factor and the extra sled on my deck made that muck of a difference I do not know but what I do know is that a chipped truck runns more efficiently than a truck that is not chipped.

I do not need the extra horse power, it sure is nice to have though, my foot is quite heavy at times, but I believe that my programer has more than paid for itself in the last 300000 I'm that I have put on the programer or chip.

tasco

Reaction score
Do not accelerate quickly, use your breaks less, engine only need 10-30 seconds for idling, do not idle more than that because it will cost more.

I agree with AbleSmith moderation in driving is key. Everything lasts longer,and you save fuel. I am no tree hugger. I will do what is necessary to make my truck run more efficiently. At the same time if I decide I am in a hurry or decide I need to utilize all the resources my truck has to offer I will happily to do so.

By the way anyone have some comments on the benefits of Forte fuel conditioners. I just purchased a 1000 gallon fuel storage tank for the farm and am considering conditioning my fuel in the storage tank, that way no one ever forgets to add the stuff to their trucks when they fill up.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah you gotta drive in moderation I have my 2010 all done with a true dynoed 485 rwhp and 975 ft/lbs I have a massive fuel pump and a ppe race valve so no fuel goes back tot the tank it's all in the motor! I get around 650 km's on a tank if i'm easy on it and round 500-550 when hard on it

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah you gotta drive in moderation I have my 2010 all done with a true dynoed 485 rwhp and 975 ft/lbs I have a massive fuel pump and a ppe race valve so no fuel goes back tot the tank it's all in the motor! I get around 650 km's on a tank if i'm easy on it and round 500-550 when hard on it

i see that u have a airdog on your truck what do u found the airdog like pro's and cons? thanks

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see that u have a airdog on your truck what do u found the airdog like pro's and cons? thanks

I love the airdog!!! i got the new one that doesnt involve dropping the tank for installation and jesus does it ever work well!!! really no cons at all i have had nothing but good luck with it!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at maybe a PPE programer for my 08, just kinda wanted to wait till warranty was up.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys:

I 've noticed that the mileage on my 2003 Duramax seems to have shot way down the last couple of months. The problem is that it sits at the airport in Kelowna all winter and I have towed much with it the last couple of years (was using my Kenworth - which I just sold). She has an Edge Juice and I usually run on #2

The last trip towing my 30ft TT to Calgary (7,500 lbs) was about 440km to a tank. I am not easy on her - I run at least 120kms/hr on Highway 2 and it was windy on the long weekend coming back home. Funny - mileage was about the same both ways - can usually count on a little better coming back from Calgary? That is with an open box on the truck - did not have the topper on.

I have usually been pretty good to Claresholm pulling my gooseneck horse trailer - usually there I squeak in on one tank - say 500kms. And that think is about 10,000lbs (but pulls like a dream)

Do you think that is a little too thristy?

Last edited:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
130l or 90l? Either way thats thirsty. I have the 90l tank on mine and on lvl 3 with full dpf delete I can average 12.4l/100 kms at 110 kms/hr. Towing is another story, lol.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
26 gallon. Think that is 100 litres? And that mileage is towing

Thats not bad towing, I just did a trip back from ND, pulling a 35ft trailer aprox. 8500lbs, it was very windy/rainy the whole way and i did 24.6l/100kms. :beer:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
my friend drove his 2011 denali duramax all the way to LA for 5 days then met us in Phoenix for a 3 mores days... then back up to AB. truck only had 5,000km on and his range already says 999.

burnt 7 tanks the whole trip. more power and better mileage... getting excited to go truck shopping!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend brought over his code reader and up pops up " Restricted airflow" or something like that. Light comes on in brain - open up air filter and lo and behold - plugged with dust..... and I mean coated

F**king Sherwood Park GM dealership - who I will not name but you can figure out - charged me for a new air filter on the last 2 services I had on it last fall after harvest and this spring. There is no way in the world that thing was changed in the last 6 months, easy. Phone service manager this am and tore him new arzhole. I have never had more problems than with that f**king place and only go there because it is convenient. Never again.

Changed air filter. Easy 15% gain in mileage it appears:d

I really hate dealerships

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are driving dusty conditions you should be getting a new air filter or cleaning the air filter 3-6 times a year. thats why i got a cleanable one (banks)

markaug

Reaction score
It's not the dealership but the people who work there and you find them in all walks of life.

My 2007 LBZ w/4" exhaust, PPE level 2, leveled running DuraTrac's 275/70/18 gets 20-21 with 265/70/18 Michelin's currently getting @22 MPG. All hand caculated highway miles.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my friend drove his 2011 denali duramax all the way to LA for 5 days then met us in Phoenix for a 3 mores days... then back up to AB. truck only had 5,000km on and his range already says 999.

burnt 7 tanks the whole trip. more power and better mileage... getting excited to go truck shopping!

I've been thinking the same thing, but they are redoing the exterior and interior for 2013 year so I might wait.

Top Bottom