Duramax Transmission Garage in Edmonton?

NORDIC

Reaction score
In need of a good garage/mechanic in the edmonton area to look at my duramax transmission/t-case. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Edmonton, I'd take it to NADP. I know not everyone loves them, but they've been good to me as far as transmissions go.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NADP is a good start for sure. If the problem is specific to the transmission (not t-case) I would also check the official Allison service centers in Edmonton area. On the Allison website if you put in Edmonton area it returns 3 certified shops.

I've got a Dmax/Ally 6spd and thinking of doing the Transgo Jr kit; researching this on various Dmax forums lends strong support to using an Allison shop for repair/troubleshooting and staying away from generic performance / tranny shops.

What is the problem anyways? I know there's a common issue with t-case leaking due to a snapring or something wearing through the case; also some issue with the t-case nosepiece cracking. Good luck with it!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil pump anti rattle clips breaks and wears the case in the t-case,for the t-case i'd recomend the gear centre,they are one of the largest re-builders for them and they are all dyno tested,if the transmission is the issue there are quite a few builders of them but also there is quite a few up grades available.i could look for it but about a year ago i had pricing and upgrades that the different shops do on the allison transmission

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure but I think Funtimes on this site deals with ALL transmissions, it's clutch & Grab transmission thier ads are floating around the site..

Awesome guy to deal with....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gear center or the certified allison shops would be your best bet nadp is good but I know of a few people in cranbrook that have went through a couple of the tranny's already. if u end up needing a new tranny call Holton or Jason at www.alligatorperformance.com they are wicked and tranny kits are around $3100 and are proven to hold over 1200 rwhp it's a lot cheaper than spending $7000 for a brand new tranny

wilsonck

Reaction score
X2 with Mpl in Lacombe. I drove up from Calgary go get Ted to do mine. While he's in there, put some Suncoast goodies in...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I know a buddy that has a brand new allison 1000 (out of a 2011/1400kms) that wants to sell it and I think he'll sell it cheap!! Let me know and I'll get in touch with him

Top Bottom