Duramax Suburban on Kijiji

tasco

Reaction score
35k is still pricey for the unit i think, low miles though, if it is as reliable as my 2004.5 lly 2500 hd, it should be one nice family machine. I think that it probably could be bought for under 25k. In fact I do not think my truck is worth more than 15k with 300000 km on it, even though it runns as well as the day I bought it.

van isle

Reaction score
I wonder how many miles are on the actual truck since it says 78 000km on the diesel drivetrain. Never mind if it has a clean vin or is it a write off with a diesel from another write off installed.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well somone had fun shoehorning that duramax in there as they never came
with one in a suburban,

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm kind surprised that it's not an option in the suburban. I think they would do quite well with sales in a 3/4 ton diesel version.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres a guy in florida that has been making duramax burbs for a while, hes doing 1 every month or 2.

takes 2 trucks to make one so its not cheap

he even did a escalade too

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm kind surprised that it's not an option in the suburban. I think they would do quite well with sales in a 3/4 ton diesel version.

I agree ford had the excursion i believe with a power choker

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
No diesel in a Surburban,but correct me if i am wrong ,but didn't they come with the 8.1 for a while...I seen a 8.1 in a 3/4 ton avalanche in Radium a couple years ago while camping there,,

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya didn't ask the guy who had it what was hooked up to it.Wasn't the Allison in the trucks that had the 8.1?

4L80E/4-L85E - 4 speed auto.. i think the Allison wasn't used because of dimensions with the body/frame.

Last edited:

05Cummins

Reaction score
If you guys ever go down to south america you will see subs and tahos with durmax engines.

You will also see the Dodge version of the suburban with the 5.9

Funny how we scream for these things here but you pretty much have to be a secret agent and go to south america to find and ride in one

I know of a couple sub taho diesel conversions around canada and the states its not as hard as you think alot simpler then puting a cummins in a super duty.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya didn't ask the guy who had it what was hooked up to it.Wasn't the Allision in the trucks that had the 8.1?

Ya, the 2500HD 8.1's had the Ally. I had an '01. Loved that truck. Got identical mileage to my old man's 6.0L gasser, and was better at absolutely everything. It's too bad they quit putting them in trucks.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the 2500HD 8.1's had the Ally. I had an '01. Loved that truck. Got identical mileage to my old man's 6.0L gasser, and was better at absolutely everything. It's too bad they quit putting them in trucks.

Hmm i thought the silverados with the 8.1 had the ally.. and the suburbans with the 8.1 had the 4L85-E due to floor board dimensions.. but hey i could be wrong haha..

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm i thought the silverados with the 8.1 had the ally.. and the suburbans with the 8.1 had the 4L85-E due to floor board dimensions.. but hey i could be wrong haha..
no you are correct no suburban came with a factory allison trans only 4l80e and 4l85e

Top Bottom