Dually vs SRW

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not getting 4x4 gears switched for $2000 at any dealership. Double that maybe ?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of my business partners ordered trucks around the same time I did.

1 ordered a loaded 21 Ram 3500 Bighorn at the end of March. Received his truck at the end of July

I ordered at the end of April. Very similar truck to partner #1. Expected to receive mine end of August based on partner #1. Sold my truck beginner of September after the dealer insinuated the new truck should arrive soon

Partner #2 ordered a loaded 21 Ram 3500 Limited end of May. Received his truck the first week of September.

We all ordered from the same sales guy. I spoke with him today. Truck still isn't built. Looked in to it, he claims if I get rid of 3 options, my order will get pushed through. The three options are the high output Cummins, fifth wheel prep package, and Night Edition. Two out of the three are pretty much deal breakers for me. Fifth wheel prep I'm only really getting for resale factor, I'm going to have a Truckboss on this thing for the next 4 years.

That fifth wheel prep is that much of a big deal for resale?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That fifth wheel prep is that much of a big deal for resale?
I would have given it up if that was the only thing holding my order back.

While selling my last truck, almost everyone that was serious about it made a comment about the lack of fifth wheel prep. Might as well pay the $500 to have it there. There's always the possibility a big job comes up that I need to pull something other than a bumper pull too.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a good dually
For like 2 years near impossible to
Find a good clean somewhat low km
One for a decent price

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d ditch the midnight edition. And save a few g.
To each their own. I strongly dislike the fake chrome. I've looked at several similar trucks available now, but I just can't get over all the shiny bits. Headlights, mirrors, badges, grille. Just doesn't do it for me. It's a steep price to pay for an option that likely costs Stellantis very little to produce, but I personally like the overall look.

thumbnail_20190417_154246.jpg

dvzwep9kvym31.jpg

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't do the body color mirrors like the sports have, those look sharp. Can't say i'm a silver fan to begin with, but both of those look pretty good. Black is the one color that looks awesome when there is no chrome.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't do the body color mirrors like the sports have, those look sharp. Can't say i'm a silver fan to begin with, but both of those look pretty good. Black is the one color that looks awesome when there is no chrome.
I loved my black truck. Hated trying to keep it shiny. Figured I would give the metallic silver a go this time. I do agree on the body color mirrors though. That would add some extra pop. They don't do that anymore though on the HD. Even the sport.

20201002_163813.jpg

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
If you're seriously worried about the icy back roads etc... get a set of chains... they work!
Ya throw a set of triples on and it will be unstoppable until it’s not then your fawked. Lol. I find duallys on the logging road ride smoother as the second wheel maybe avoids the holes better. The extra cost of tires sucks though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each their own. I strongly dislike the fake chrome. I've looked at several similar trucks available now, but I just can't get over all the shiny bits. Headlights, mirrors, badges, grille. Just doesn't do it for me. It's a steep price to pay for an option that likely costs Stellantis very little to produce, but I personally like the overall look.

View attachment 245082
View attachment 245083

I know what your saying, I like it too, but I guess if you don’t need a truck right away, than wait till your build comes off restrictions.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what your saying, I like it too, but I guess if you don’t need a truck right away, than wait till your build comes off restrictions.
That's where I'm at. I'll learn some patience and deal with it for a few more months. I have other trucks to use, just nothing to toss my 8ft Truckboss on. First world problems...

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved all of my dually’s in most conditions more than single wheel. Only reason I went single was working downtown Calgary and parking. Absolutely no comparison when pulling a trailer or with two sleds on a deck, the dually felt like it was on rails with two sleds on versus the sway of a single wheel.

I found Duratracs were the ticket on my duallys and stick to the 235. 255 look cool but when I tried a set I had to run a spacer so they wouldn’t kiss and I just never felt right with the spacer and really heavy loads.

Top Bottom