Drive Shaft issue

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy you obviously never had a driveshaft fail. my old zx took one out and it could have been much uglier than it was lol

Maxwell knows everything, just ask him and he will tell you. Really though he is just jealous of us poo riders as he sure seems to spend a lot more time in the proo ride forum than on the doo xm side

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell knows everything, just ask him and he will tell you. Really though he is just jealous of us poo riders as he sure seems to spend a lot more time in the proo ride forum than on the doo xm side

Nothing going on over there. Guys debating how to fasten there muff pots. Booooooring.

Reaction score
57 miles on my pro turbo drive shaft broke and had to heli it out on sunday not good guys checked for wobble before riding on lower sprocket like dealer told me too said it should hold but it broke only real fix is to install the 12 shaft its only a matter of time before they break if you dont clamp them.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:flagca::trustme: less bullch!t and probably cheaper/quicker. Installed one of Tyson's clamp in 5 minutes priceless for the piece of mind. Rode er hard for two days and she's still solid.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any Shaft from 2005-2012 will fit so I'm told as long as it was an IQ chassis. Which leaves you to buy Extrovert drivers or stock If you don't want to put in the anti-stab kit. I bought a 2005 shaft for $50 bucks and put 8 tooth Avid drivers with the anti-stab kit. The old but still new shaft is sitting on the bench.

sorsy

Reaction score
Bought a set of HTP clamps from Chris @ Parkland Power sports...going to install them tonight was just wonding what kind of torque specs a guys should use....and I amalso guessing some blue lock-tite. Thanks for your help guys!

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heads are beginning to roll. Found this on workopolis.

Job Profile
Head Driveshaft Tailpiece Gluer
Salary
40,000.​00 - 45,000.​00 ​year
About the Job
Our client POLARIS, is seeking a Head Driveshaft Tailpiece Gluer

Accountabilities

• Applies more glue to end of driveshaft than he/she smells
  • Ensure glue is sufficient to hold to end of warranty period

bell32

Reaction score
Bought a set of HTP clamps from Chris @ Parkland Power sports...going to install them tonight was just wonding what kind of torque specs a guys should use....and I amalso guessing some blue lock-tite. Thanks for your help guys!

I don't think there's any torque specs for Tyson's clamps I installed them a few weeks ago, just use a little lock tite and snug them down, they will only go so tight and no where near overtight

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any torque specs for Tyson's clamps I installed them a few weeks ago, just use a little lock tite and snug them down, they will only go so tight and no where near overtight

I was told 25ft/lb when I bought one out of a trailer at midnight in a hotel parking lot lol.
I had 575 hard miles on my 13 shaft with no issues yesterday before I installed my HTP clamp, proof that some were bonded well, and have reasonable strength.

Top Bottom