Drive Axle

easton

Reaction score
I had my drive axle welded ,just before the recall. Should I get the recall done or just stay with what I got done?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the recall done, some of the shafts were failing after as much as 1000 miles on them, some in only the first hundred. I welded mine last year, and have 801 miles on it. gonna get it swapped out after they finish the first batch of recalls.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the recall done, some of the shafts were failing after as much as 1000 miles on them, some in only the first hundred. I welded mine last year, and have 801 miles on it. gonna get it swapped out after they finish the first batch of recalls.

and teeroy chits his pants everytime it happens....12 chitty Klims last year..you do the math:d

mountaindoo

Reaction score
ive been phoning and phoning my dealer and just keep getting bullsh%^^% storys they wont give me the time of day im really pissed

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the recall and you get your chaincase checked and oil changed ready for the season!! They might even supply new(stronger) bolts for the cover!!

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started upgrading to newer sleds from the 90s sleds and my two boys ride with me lots, wife says that is called quality time when the house is empty of husband and kids!! YOU CANT PUT A PRICE TAG ON A GOOD TIME :d

SilverGriz

Reaction score
Have the recall done. I had my driveshaft welded at 300 miles and it blew at 500 miles. I got a new one is January and now my sled is at the dealer getting the 3rd driveshaft put in.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Why would you NOT want the recall done. It also includes chain oil/sealing washer on the adjuster bolt and new case bolts. Plus if the dealer is smart they will go into the primary and check the rollers plus if they were realy smart they will put in the 09 rollers.

Top Bottom