Doo i make the change???

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually really liked the way all my xp's have handled. The "money pit" is what got me. Bunch of reliability issues made me go green this year
I am in the same boat. I love the rider forward handling but I've had too many reliability issues with my summit. The new pro climb looks and feels good. My local dealer quoted me about $16000 out the door on a snow pro 162. Is that a fair price?

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I love the rider forward handling but I've had too many reliability issues with my summit. The new pro climb looks and feels good. My local dealer quoted me about $16000 out the door on a snow pro 162. Is that a fair price?

I am assuming that is on a M1100 Turbo Sno Pro, if so that is the going rate. Very hard to find any sleds period right now. Everyone seems to be sold out or close to it.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a quote for a 800 in Cranbrook BC. We get charged 12% HST here. What are the prices for a 800 162 snow pro in Alberta?
I am assuming that is on a M1100 Turbo Sno Pro, if so that is the going rate. Very hard to find any sleds period right now. Everyone seems to be sold out or close to it.

Braap

Reaction score

I had a XP, great sled but really unreliable, I'n BC i would say 70% of the sleds where Doo now Poo and Cat have taken over, I think Doo needs to put more R&D in their products before releasing them, 3100 miles on my 2010 Turbo M8, one belt, zero issues. Doo is no longer the 1st choice of many sledders. Too bad, I try to support Canadain.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a quote for a 800 in Cranbrook BC. We get charged 12% HST here. What are the prices for a 800 162 snow pro in Alberta?

Holy crap. Suggested retail for a Proclimb M8 sno pro 162 is like 13,900.00 i beleive So sounds like that price is just msrp plus freight and pdi and tax. That isn't any kind of deal at all. Like said before call terry at t&t, or don at don's speed parts. Both ahve really good prices. And there prices will be alot lower than 16G out the door.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Suggested retail for a Proclimb M8 sno pro 162 is like 13,900.00 i beleive So sounds like that price is just msrp plus freight and pdi and tax. That isn't any kind of deal at all. Like said before call terry at t&t, or don at don's speed parts. Both ahve really good prices. And there prices will be alot lower than 16G out the door.

I'll say!!!!!

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Don at Dons speed parts. Awesome guy and great service

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a steadfast DOO rider but I'm thinking about going with the 1100t strictly on the merit of 177 hp at elevation in a reliable, warranted stock engine. Even if it's heavier and only handles as good as the old Rev. I don't see how any DOO is gonna overcome that 60hp gap JMHO

I would take light weight over hp any day, its way easier to add hp than it is to lose weight. Why do you think polaris is doing so well with there new sled? low hp numbers but light weight and a blast to ride I will be suprised if polaris isnt back on top this year with sales. These turboed cats are gonna be no different than the nytros feel fine in 3ft of pow but anything less they will tire you out at the end of the day cause there still heavy 4 strokes. Whens the last time you heard anyone bragging about how good the nytro is in the trees andhow well it jumps? Guys buy these sleds/build them for the high hp numbers. I think cory micku proved that many times over and over lightweight will always beat heavy and hp. The only plus I see with these new t-cats is the warranty.

If doo ever makes a 4 stroke Turbo then we will see how it stacks up to the turboed-cat. I think its gonna be an interesting year just to sit back at the bottom of the hill and watch all these guys with new turboed 4 stroke cats who cant ride them flying all over the hills. I seen maybe 2-3 guys who can honestly ride a 4 stoke and make it work the rest are just wannabe's.

My predicition is your going to see lots of these for sale next year everyone is getting blinded by the hp numbers/potentialhp numbers but not looking at what your getting besides that motor. How many t-yammies are for sale??? dime a dozen.

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^this guy must be a jealous doo rider...This is just me .02 worth, but I think that's a pretty biased opinion yOu have.. Obviously, if a guy wanted a tree riding sled, 1100t is probably not on the top of the list.. Any educated rider would know that. Am I saying they're not gonna be any good in the trees?? No.. I'm sure it will do fine. Granted not as good as others. If a guy is a jumper, then I'm sure that person would opt for a different sled then an 1100t, nytro, apex, whatever. Each sled has it's weak points and it's strong points. There is no perfect sled that everyone will agree on cuz everyone's style of riding is different. People buy sleds and usually use them for what they're built for. As for "guys flying all over the place" and the little "wannabes" remark, let me point out that every new inexperienced rider "flys" all over the place until he or she gets used to it. Mountain riding is a different ball game. We all know that. It's funny how you say you'll be at the bottom watching the cat guys ride around... That's a typical doo rider... always sitting at the bottom watching kitties play... LOL... anyways, it's all a matter of personal preference and skill. Only thing I have to say is, try adding big hp to a doo or any 2 stroke for that matter compared to a boosted 4 stroke.. I don't even have to explain my point to that if you have the slightest clue about sleds... Reliability plays a huge factor in turbo 4 strokes. Sometimes that outweighs opinions on "lightweight 2 strokes" and "heavy 4 strokes".... See ya on the hills!!

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^this guy must be a jealous doo rider...This is just me .02 worth, but I think that's a pretty biased opinion yOu have.. Obviously, if a guy wanted a tree riding sled, 1100t is probably not on the top of the list.. Any educated rider would know that. Am I saying they're not gonna be any good in the trees?? No.. I'm sure it will do fine. Granted not as good as others. If a guy is a jumper, then I'm sure that person would opt for a different sled then an 1100t, nytro, apex, whatever. Each sled has it's weak points and it's strong points. There is no perfect sled that everyone will agree on cuz everyone's style of riding is different. People buy sleds and usually use them for what they're built for. As for "guys flying all over the place" and the little "wannabes" remark, let me point out that every new inexperienced rider "flys" all over the place until he or she gets used to it. Mountain riding is a different ball game. We all know that. It's funny how you say you'll be at the bottom watching the cat guys ride around... That's a typical doo rider... always sitting at the bottom watching kitties play... LOL... anyways, it's all a matter of personal preference and skill. Only thing I have to say is, try adding big hp to a doo or any 2 stroke for that matter compared to a boosted 4 stroke.. I don't even have to explain my point to that if you have the slightest clue about sleds... Reliability plays a huge factor in turbo 4 strokes. Sometimes that outweighs opinions on "lightweight 2 strokes" and "heavy 4 strokes".... See ya on the hills!!

Jealous not at all if thats the sled I wanted I would of boughten one, instead of putting money into my xp. I was just saying that a lot of people this year will buy that cat cause of the big hp numbers but not look at the sled there getting. It will really shine in the use it was intended for and thats it. Can you make it through those tight passages in the trees? can you jump it? for sure but it wont be as fun as the rmk the doo or cats 800.

IMHO I really think these 4 strokes take a very talented person to ride it to its full potential and you see so many of them out there and mabye 5% of the people who buy them or build them can "actually" ride them. I said sittin at the bottom as in a comical matter lookin at these guys saying look how high my sled should be able to go but I cant take it there. Hp dosent make up for lacking skill.

Of course you cant get a 2 stroke in the hp numbers of a 4 stroke but explain to me why then riders with these little wimpy 2 strokes are still taking there sleds into places where only the big bad 4 strokes can go supposedly? Reliability is something that cant be argued hands down to the 4 stroke.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion and I respect each and every one of them. Something you have to realize, okay, yes, it takes a lot of skill to handle such big hp and make it look good between your knees, but you just quoted Corey micku proving n/a sleds can make it where the big turbos can... In MY opinion, it takes more skill to be able to ride like that on a 2 stroke then it will on a boosted 4 where's it's almost a point and shoot sled, whereas you watch sldnx 14 and look at these guys jumping all over their sleds from side to side, not many people will be able to be that comfortable on their sled no matter what brand name sticker is on the side of it. Im not getting into a pisaing contest with you, my sole purpose on this post was to make you see things in an unbiased way. IMHO, I think these boosted cats are going to be a ton of fun. Arctic cats been king of the hill for years, professionally proven, I don't think they would do anything this drastic to hurt their product, all I've heard from the ppl that's actually ridden them, they say they're gonna really put nytros to the test this year at a fraction of the cost. And there are plenty of guys out there to support the market for boosted 4 strokes, no matter which brand, I'm sure everything will be fine. You also said boosted yammies are a dime a dozen? Go into the classified section and do a tally of how many boosted yammies are for sale compared to naturally aspirated xp's, m8's, poo's, then come back to me and say theyre a dime a dozen. IMHO, I think anyone that buys the 1100t, not being biased here but I did buy one, o think they're gonna be sweet machine to ride. YOu say ppl get confused with big hp numbers? So far, I've yet to hear the possibilities for 400+hp out of them reliably as an apex, and really it is only 177 stock for a big 4 stroke, so, really it's not that overwhelming. Ppl just realize they only have to spend half of what goes into a built nytro to get near or better performance outta these cats. I think the market for these sleds are gonna be very well responded to. So, to get back to the topic of this thread and to stop bashing each other, my opinion anther or not you should make the change or not is completely up to you. Only you know your riding style, only you are gonna have to ride it, only you are gonna be shoveling it out when it's stuck sometimes, and only you know your personal riding limits. If your riding style suits the use of a turbo 4, then go for it, but honestly, nO ones gonna know and no ones gonna be able to bash them until we get them on the snow. As for all this, we can only wait and see what happens

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take light weight over hp any day, its way easier to add hp than it is to lose weight. Why do you think polaris is doing so well with there new sled? low hp numbers but light weight and a blast to ride I will be suprised if polaris isnt back on top this year with sales. These turboed cats are gonna be no different than the nytros feel fine in 3ft of pow but anything less they will tire you out at the end of the day cause there still heavy 4 strokes. Whens the last time you heard anyone bragging about how good the nytro is in the trees andhow well it jumps? Guys buy these sleds/build them for the high hp numbers. I think cory micku proved that many times over and over lightweight will always beat heavy and hp. The only plus I see with these new t-cats is the warranty.

If doo ever makes a 4 stroke Turbo then we will see how it stacks up to the turboed-cat. I think its gonna be an interesting year just to sit back at the bottom of the hill and watch all these guys with new turboed 4 stroke cats who cant ride them flying all over the hills. I seen maybe 2-3 guys who can honestly ride a 4 stoke and make it work the rest are just wannabe's.

My predicition is your going to see lots of these for sale next year everyone is getting blinded by the hp numbers/potentialhp numbers but not looking at what your getting besides that motor. How many t-yammies are for sale??? dime a dozen.

Wow, what a condescending arrogant post. Another guy sitting at the bottom critiquing the guys doing the climbing. If you haven"t been featured in a few sled movies that have been purchased by someone other than your wife and son maybe you are considered a wanna-be and one who is flying all over the place demonstarting low skills by the actual skilled riders whose videos you buy, and who don't find it necessary to comment on their prowess. But good for you and your Doo, and heres a tip..... 860 kit, take a book in your pack, then you can read while waiting for your buddies to tow you home, thereby not screwing up their whole day.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a condescending arrogant post. Another guy sitting at the bottom critiquing the guys doing the climbing. If you haven"t been featured in a few sled movies that have been purchased by someone other than your wife and son maybe you are considered a wanna-be and one who is flying all over the place demonstarting low skills by the actual skilled riders whose videos you buy, and who don't find it necessary to comment on their prowess. But good for you and your Doo, and heres a tip..... 860 kit, take a book in your pack, then you can read while waiting for your buddies to tow you home, thereby not screwing up their whole day.

LMAO how is my post arrogant I never once said how good of a rider I am or what my skills are and what I can do, did I? lol You dont have to be in a movie to be good. I guess I just seen to many guys riding these turbos who cant actually ride them I dont care if there in movies or not.

Why is my 860 gonna blow up enlighten me.

Top Bottom