dodge shaking death wobble?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was very predictable. The right sized dip in the road at the right speed and away she went. The only way to stop it was to slow down to about 50. It was hard to keep it between the lines.

I wish mine was predictable. Only happens once and a while.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
before you spend 300 or more on a steering box try the support brace from BD first
Armour inc in red deer can get em, i would recommend them. Tell Ashley I sent ya haha

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. Will get a new set of tires and a wheel alignment, next will be the steering box. Hopefully it gets corrected, it's a wild ride!
Says you live in red deer. If so Airdrie truck is awesome. They do mechanics work, tires, lifts and everything truck. them boys could solve your wobble

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about putting in a better trac bar ?
only if you got a level kit on, otherwise I would say the stock one is good, maybe just new bushings

hemi...I'm willing to bet it's stock height ? in that case stock bar should be ok imo

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about putting in a better trac bar ?
only if you got a level kit on, otherwise I would say the stock one is good, maybe just new bushings

hemi...I'm willing to bet it's stock height ? in that case stock bar should be ok imo

I have the 2 inch ravtek spacers that sit on the 2 coils. Had them on forever.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 inch ravtek spacers that sit on the 2 coils. Had them on forever.

it's one of "those things" may as well do if putting a steering box brace on I believe. what's another 300 lol jk. I think that dam brace is around 300

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's one of "those things" may as well do if putting a steering box brace on I believe. what's another 300 lol jk. I think that dam brace is around 300

Lol yeah at this point may as well get a whole new front end. I will start checking off the list as I start spending the scrilla. It's never just one part is it lol

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah at this point may as well get a whole new front end. I will start checking off the list as I start spending the scrilla. It's never just one part is it lol

start with the tires if theyre as toast as you say

I only experienced death wobble once, but I believe it was because the coil spring wasnt sitting flush in the bucket

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still run the pre-08 linkage and didnt have any problems until last fall (7yrs of lift/35s) . Have a feeling its something else but you never know.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you say this only happens when pulling a trailer, is it 5th wheel or bumper pull, travel trailer or equipment? load distribution very possible, with tires wore on edge, alignment and likely ball joints, could also be bad bushings. hopefully it is an easy fix!
avoid the replace everything auto repair shops? Don's tire, Dick's tire, dick's auto are good. go get an estimate at a few places, usually the best idea.

Last edited:

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start with the tires if theyre as toast as you say

I only experienced death wobble once, but I believe it was because the coil spring wasnt sitting flush in the bucket

Funny you say this. The rubber ring that goes between the mount and spacer is not sitting flat. It's hanging out one side, always was though.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife bought a new Jeep Gladiator from Renfrew last fall that has a 2" lift, 37" tires with a FOX BDS Steering stabilizer and it's quite the experience to drive. Keep it under 80 and you should be good, anything over that and not sure what you'll get - normal operating, lots of float or a big ol death wobble.

Its been to the dealership several times and tire shops to no avail.. Airdrie Truck Mike is a good idea, he might be able to help..
I joke that i haul it to Waiprous so we don't have to drive it on the highway.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife bought a new Jeep Gladiator from Renfrew last fall that has a 2" lift, 37" tires with a FOX BDS Steering stabilizer and it's quite the experience to drive. Keep it under 80 and you should be good, anything over that and not sure what you'll get - normal operating, lots of float or a big ol death wobble.

Its been to the dealership several times and tire shops to no avail.. Airdrie Truck Mike is a good idea, he might be able to help..
I joke that i haul it to Waiprous so we don't have to drive it on the highway.

37s are pretty large, especially with such a small wheelbase. I hate to suggest it might be the nature of the beast

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bf Goodrich act’s are known to cause wobble,
Tire pressure can start it but due to worn front end parts.

Block rear ended up. Get some one to sit inside and rock steering back and forth 10-2
Watch trac bar to frame mount. I’ve had worn joint to a cracked frame mount to a ovaled bolt hole on that trac mount. But cheap all joints for movement. Steering box play as well.
Death wobble can be a can of worms. Sage Carli or Don Thuren can’t remember which one has a great write up about it. I’ll see if I have it in my file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom