• Snowpulse

Votes: 274 28.8%
  • I Do Not Wear An Air Bag

Votes: 257 27.0%

• Total voters

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son and I wear the Snowpulse Highmark 22's , our riding buddy wears an ABS....we don't go up the trail without them !

just got the same one! ready to go! did a test flight last night haha

IMG-20121028-00187.jpg

IMG-20121028-00191.jpg

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got the same one! ready to go! did a test flight last night haha

How much did that test flight cost you? When I bought mine, they let me do the test in the store, so replacing the o-ring and refilling the cylinder was all on them. :)
I'm due for a test and o-ring replace this year though, going to be fun.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did that test flight cost you? When I bought mine, they let me do the test in the store, so replacing the o-ring and refilling the cylinder was all on them. :)
I'm due for a test and o-ring replace this year though, going to be fun.

didnt get a chance to do that. I had to familiarize myself with it anyways, so i tested it to know what to expect, also packed it all back up so i know how it all works. It came with spare O rings. just need a refill now. Any recommendations as to where to go to get dry air? And cost? :)

Korey

Reaction score
didnt get a chance to do that. I had to familiarize myself with it anyways, so i tested it to know what to expect, also packed it all back up so i know how it all works. It came with spare O rings. just need a refill now. Any recommendations as to where to go to get dry air? And cost? :)

Hey if your in Edmonton just take the bottle to mountain magic and they will replace it with a refilled 1 and if I remember correctly it's about 40 bucks (for the snowpulse system)

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey if your in Edmonton just take the bottle to mountain magic and they will replace it with a refilled 1 and if I remember correctly it's about 40 bucks (for the snowpulse system)

Sweet!! THank you!

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m contemplating buying an ABS pack over a Snowpulse because I like the redundancy of the two bag system among other things. I was thinking it would provide added safety if one tears open on a rock or tree. Out of curiosity does anyone know the cost to refill the canisters and trigger. I realize the Snowpulse is more convenient to refill than a ABS and I am ok with that, but would it cost me a testical every time I gave it a test pull.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked one up at the sled show now I won't have as much weight on my back.

Sent from my iPhone

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Do yow wear an Avalanche Air Bag in the Mountains

NO kidding eh? I totally agree with you! I just bought a snow pulse at the edmonton sled show and hope I never have to pull it!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I’m contemplating buying an ABS pack over a Snowpulse because I like the redundancy of the two bag system among other things. I was thinking it would provide added safety if one tears open on a rock or tree. Out of curiosity does anyone know the cost to refill the canisters and trigger. I realize the Snowpulse is more convenient to refill than a ABS and I am ok with that, but would it cost me a testical every time I gave it a test pull.

$40.00 when you bring your blown off cartridge and handle and they give you a refilled cartridge and handle. The $40.00 is for the shop to ship back the bottles to Langley, BC where they are filled. Any ABS dealer can do this..

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great, thank you for the information. I was hoping it wasn't close to replacement cost. The trigger and bottle are not cheap.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$40.00 when you bring your blown off cartridge and handle and they give you a refilled cartridge and handle. The $40.00 is for the shop to ship back the bottles to Langley, BC where they are filled. Any ABS dealer can do this..
Thank you for the advice tonight at the Bow Cycle South open house. Enjoyed your ABS presentation and am happy to be a new owner.

Reaction score
Re: Do yow wear an Avalanche Air Bag in the Mountains

15 grand for sled 1000 for suit helmut goggles boots glove,etc... and that is being modest. Another 500 for probe shovel and beacon. Sooo another 700 - 1200 pending on preference for an avy pack that has been studied extensively and proven to "GREATLY" improve your survival rate in an avalanche. This shouldnt even be questioned. Great post SBR just wish more people would see this an get on board.

Not to mention the $50,000 Truck and Trailer, a pack is small price to pay indeed

Reaction score
i wear a bca float. i dont think any one bag is better then the other. a left hand trigger and a lil room for backcountry needs are a bonus. the fact they can all help save your life is the best thing about them all.

Top Bottom