Dirt biking in bc

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious the rules for dirt biking in bc. Are we aloud on fsr with insurance and registration. Thinking about taking kids out later this summer if all goes well and just want to follow the rules. Aswell anyone no any dirt bike areas in the north Shuswap or are we good to ride anywhere off the fsr roads. Thx

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious the rules for dirt biking in bc. Are we aloud on fsr with insurance and registration. Thinking about taking kids out later this summer if all goes well and just want to follow the rules. Aswell anyone no any dirt bike areas in the north Shuswap or are we good to ride anywhere off the fsr roads. Thx
Haven't you heard? You're not wanted in BC at all.. JK. LOL In BC you need both liability insurance and registration. As well as a valid drivers license, don't know how people with kids are dealing with this. Might pay to check the government website for info. Good luck navigating that.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The above applies to FSR's only. Not all back roads in BC have been gazetted as FSR's. No rules on those ones. The kids can have at it.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The above applies to FSR's only. Not all back roads in BC have been gazetted as FSR's. No rules on those ones. The kids can have at it.

Are you sure?

Was explained to me once your on crown land you need the papers. The only exception is private land

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure?

Was explained to me once your on crown land you need the papers. The only exception is private land

Ya, I should clarify. Bike needs to be registered on all crown land. You only need a drivers license and liability insurance on an FSR though.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as your machine is properly registered in the province you live in then my understanding is you are good to ride in any province. With that being said if its required or not in your province you should always have a 3rd party liability to protect your ass... As far as kids go i have seen and had no issues with kids riding as long as the parents are with them and riding responsibly. Iv been riding 5 years with my daughter been pulled over a few times to check my registration and insurance and they have never once asked about her. When we ride we have one in front and one behind her in the group to protect her from other traffic. Luckily we do that because their have been several close calls with other people just pinning it and driving like idiots.

Top Bottom