Diesel shortage starting dec 7 2022

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try filling up a semi, 190 litres barely makes the needle move.... and yet the general public still can't figure out why everything has gotten more expensive....

Or tractors or heavy equipment..... Any Industrial,Commercial or Agricultural activitey require lots of diesel.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My buddy is a logistics guy for a major food retailer we were talking yesterday, he said on a $3000 load of groceries they are getting a $2500 fuel surcharge added to the trip. He figures trucking costs are just about doubled. I wonder who pays for that? Go libs go..
Couriers have added a 40% fuel surcharge to there invoice. The ones using gas are doing ok. The additional costs will be absorbed by the consumer.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try filling up a semi, 190 litres barely makes the needle move.... and yet the general public still can't figure out why everything has gotten more expensive....

Yep it cost me a hair under $1000 to fill up yesterday and that don't last very long. Can burn $500 in a day easy.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cardlock invoice for last week was $1260.00 in clear diesel. I run one truck and triaxle drive it myself. I know guys who’ve had to increase there cardlock limits because 10k a month wasn’t enough. People think if they don’t drive a car they don’t pay carbon tax. You probably pay carbon tax 5-6 times on any item you buy. Most freight companies have a carbon tax levy and then a fuel surcharge. I know some O/Os who’s fuel cost per month is down to 10% of there gross income because they’ve got such high fuel surcharges because the company is based out of the east where fuel prices are higher. If you can keep your fuel cost around 23-27% of you gross your doing ok. Looks to me like some of these companies are price gauging on fuel surcharges. I never liked them because what do you use as a base price? A dollar/litre? Fuels never going back there. I raised my rates so the farmers know that’s the cost no extra $2500 in surcharges on the final bill. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I do.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to get bulk propane around here right now. Story is they are sending it all out east...

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to get bulk propane around here right now. Story is they are sending it all out east...

Alta Gas has their new RIPET facility operating now too. For years all the facilities around Edmonton generating propane as an offstream and almost having to pay to get rid of it the market was so flooded, now they finally have an economical option to sell into. All going to Asia. It’s raising prices and availability locally in turn as well. The new IPL plastic plant coming online also takes a sizeable chunk out of the previous market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's weird that there's no lineup at our terminal to get more diesel into trucks to get it to the gas stations.... I haven't heard of any plant outages in edmonton/ft sask...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1.66 a litre ufa whitecourt yesterday, cheapest I’ve paid in awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you please post a pic of the sled in the Maverick? asking for a friend...
Funny but actually my rack that I put on my old Dakota might fit on the Maverick. Not that I would go far but up the mountain to get to the snow line, absolutely.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1.62 in Smoky LAke
1.84 in Bon Accord
1.87 St. Albert

WTF

Top Bottom