Did some playing with my gear today

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Squireller;[URL="tel:2854410" said:
2854410[/URL]]I like Lori from zacstracs idea of jumping on the shovel in the middle when it’s fully extended and if it can handle my weight with a good bounce without breaking I can trust it or my buddies to carry it.
I’d like to see this test with all the shovels.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d like to see this test with all the shovels.

I'd be game for that as well. I've got lots of snow piles at my place. Just need a few different brand shovels

I run the Volie. One in my pack one on my sled
Sold the BCA one. Found the blade small and handle short for me. All my loaners are the SOS shovels and I have one HMK. With the short handle.

But it would be cool to put a bunch of shovels up against each other and see the pros and cons to each.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the HMK with the long handle. I’m 295 lbs and 6’5. It has the compass and saw blade in the handle. I forget what I paid for it now. But I will tell you this. 2 years ago I dug a pit half way up Sir Alexander in at Kakwa. I’d put it up against anything. 8’ wide by 6’. We had a big fire and kicked it for a couple hours while changing a track out.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the HMK with the long handle. I’m 295 lbs and 6’5. It has the compass and saw blade in the handle. I forget what I paid for it now. But I will tell you this. 2 years ago I dug a pit half way up Sir Alexander in at Kakwa. I’d put it up against anything. 8’ wide by 6’. We had a big fire and kicked it for a couple hours while changing a track out.

Yessir, got that one. the steel tip on the handle is great for ice chipping too! saw is completely F'd but might save your life in a pinch lol

Top Bottom