Dent in 2 stroke pipe.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just upgraded our 10 yr old to a cr85 from a kx65. on his very last ride on the kx he dented the pipe. Tried using heat and air pressure to take out dent but rubber just blew apart from the heat. Don't really want to buy a new pipe since he won't be ridin it anymore. Anyone know of anywhere in or around Edmonton that fixes 2 stroke pipes fairly cheap. Thanks in advance for any info.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with heat and air either, kept blowing the coupler off and ****ting my pants. Any dealer should be able to take care of it though. That or try and get a bodyshop to spot weld some studs on and use the slide hammer to pull it out.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with heat and air either, kept blowing the coupler off and ****ting my pants. Any dealer should be able to take care of it though. That or try and get a bodyshop to spot weld some studs on and use the slide hammer to pull it out.

I s@#t my pants to. Lol. Thanks for the reply.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with recycle? Maybe they have a stock pipe for cheap?? Might be worth the phone call?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it off fill it with water and put it I the freezer for a couple days.

Is this known to work? I would have imagined it could go wrong. Never heard of it though.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This works but it don't need to be in the freezer that long or you will split the pipe. It only takes a few hours. Check it closely and as soon as the dent pops out remove from the freezer and thaw it.

What he said. Plug the end near the dent, fill it with water only high enough to cover the dent area, put in freezer and check often. Might have to do it a couple times, but it does work. Search Youtube. Never been a fan of the "air" idea, putting air into an exhaust pipe that has residual fuel deposits in it, then sealing it and heating it up? This is how you make a BOMB.

Otherwise, drill small hole or weld on a stud, heat the pipe red hot and it will pull out. You really should use an oxy/acetylene torch to get it hot enough. for a small dent - 3 mins with an Oxy kit and it will be good to go.

Top Bottom