denali

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2021 duramax 17000k. def heater code and speed limit active. apparently the tank has to be replaced as an assembly. anyone else experienced this?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2021 duramax 17000k. def heater code and speed limit active. apparently the tank has to be replaced as an assembly. anyone else experienced this?
Yes it's replaced as asmb

Also make sure the programming recall is done where it puts lower amps to heaters

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, l5p are big money to delete , like 7 to 10 grand

Closer to 4, if a guy can get a ecm. I know ram Tuff had them August for 3000ish

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closer to 4, if a guy can get a ecm. I know ram Tuff had them August for 3000ish
Prices have come down , I seen a resent post of someone else doing it

But realistically, for a 20 plus , with a ecm , unless you can send yours in , it's around 7 grand for a good install with all the good stuff not just delete

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 2011 f350 and deleted it. biggest mistake i ever made. had no more power, milage was no better and it stunk like a gross diesel pig when it was idling. i wouldn't park it in the garage because it stunk so bad when i started it. never again!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 2011 f350 and deleted it. biggest mistake i ever made. had no more power, milage was no better and it stunk like a gross diesel pig when it was idling. i wouldn't park it in the garage because it stunk so bad when i started it. never again!

Depends on who did the delete. Lots of tuners at one point were just deleting the filters and not turning off the post injections or EGR.

My '14 was this way, H&S left half of the post injections on which caused it to stink more in the winter and burn more fuel. Turning the post injections off gained me 15% better mileage even after the delete. It still stinks like a diesel though.

Hp is easy, just add fuel and air. But I've found this powerstroke doesn't "hot rod" like the older Duramax's used to.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stinks so bad deleted, burn your eyeballs out, leave it alone, get it fixed under warranty, these trucks run great stock.

The fuel mileage increase is very minimal, take you 10 years or more to recoup it.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one piece of good news is when i dropped the truck off at 7am the parts manager told me they have new def tanks stacked up like firewood in the corner. i guess there is a little bit of an issue here lol.
service writer also said they will reprogram also as tex suggested.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
My brother's sat at Murray's in the Hat from Feb to June waiting for a tank. It was the height of the "supply chain" issues. He was told GM was looking for a new tank manufacturer. They did give him a loaner though.

He said there was 2 updates. One for the DEF heater amp draw and another for the regen temp. He said don't do the regen temp update. He figures truck lost .7 to .8L/100 and lots of people bitching on the internet about the fuel economy after the update.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
one piece of good news is when i dropped the truck off at 7am the parts manager told me they have new def tanks stacked up like firewood in the corner. i guess there is a little bit of an issue here lol.
service writer also said they will reprogram also as tex suggested.

My 2016 was the same Tank heaters Tanks EGT sensors and 9th injector problems Thing ch!t the bed on the way to rocky and that was the end of the emissions for it But it’s a LML so it was about 2500 to delete

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my f350 was 2500 to delete. i just hated the stench. growing up around equipment and being in the patch for years i just don't want to smell it. this truck has 7 years warranty on it also so don't want to compromise that either.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
my f350 was 2500 to delete. i just hated the stench. growing up around equipment and being in the patch for years i just don't want to smell it. this truck has 7 years warranty on it also so don't want to compromise that either.

Ya I hate the smell as well,, being in a shop with trucks mostly it gives me a bad headache if someone else runs a diesel in . The emissions are a big pain

Top Bottom