Decal Sticker Goo

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to remove all the stickers off my sled. What is best to use to get the sticky residue off that is left behind without wrecking my plastics?
Thanks for input!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Video your self using a tiger torch.....and post on here...LOL

Start with the WD-40 to get the bulk of it off and for the stubborn bit's use goo-gone....either way you will need lot's of elbow grease to get all that sticky glue off......

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start by using a heat gun on a low setting (or a hair dryer) to help peel the vinyl. The heat should help keep most of the adhesive on the vinyl, then follow the above suggestions.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used brakeclean on a soft rag on several machines...no issues.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've used brakeclean on a soft rag on several machines...no issues.

I've used this method before as well..... however DO NOT spray the brake clean directly onto the plastics.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on the brakeclean as well. Some brands do not harm the plastics.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best way to remove the glue is isopropal alcohol or rubbing alcohol works good too you don't have to rub hard so you won't scratch it.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread but what about the stickers on the new back tunnels on the etecs

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goo gone works for that as well. Just apply it using a large amount on a cloth an let it soak in for a bit. Should take the stickers on the tunnel off with no problems.

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
I'm wanting to remove all the stickers off my sled. What is best to use to get the sticky residue off that is left behind without wrecking my plastics?
Thanks for input!
starting fluid works real well after sticker is gone best i have used and KEEP IN MIND VERY FLAMMABLE

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried goo gone and wasn't impress, if you really want something that works try Rosinol lighter fluid you want be dissapointed. I found that the goo gone left a lot of glue, the lighter fluid is 10 better it want leave any glue at all.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goo gone works for that as well. Just apply it using a large amount on a cloth an let it soak in for a bit. Should take the stickers on the tunnel off with no problems.

even on the black tunnels, not sure if its paint or powdercoat

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is gonna sound really stupid, but the best method is to use the sticky backing on the sticker you just removed to get the goo off. Press a part of the sticker onto the residue still on the plastic, and rip it off quickly. Keep doing it until the plastic is clean. It works, and you plastic won't loose any of it's luster.

Top Bottom