Dealership question

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they make anything on freight, or is that the legit cost that they pay?

It's interesting.....you would think that of all things, sleds would be super high markup. I wonder what brps cost is compared to dealer cost
I would say BRP’s profit is getting better all the time ?

Attachments

• C32EA54D-FBFA-4ACB-8391-A7FBC934ADDC.jpeg
    C32EA54D-FBFA-4ACB-8391-A7FBC934ADDC.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 132

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they make anything on freight, or is that the legit cost that they pay?

It's interesting.....you would think that of all things, sleds would be super high markup. I wonder what brps cost is compared to dealer cost
There is no markup in freight. You pay what the dealer pays or should anyways

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2 Ford dealers in Calgree.......Or maybe all dealerships are like this? (Chrome bumper)

Called Woodridge and they gave me a price of $1785 all in, and not in stock. Told me to call Metro Ford......

Called Metro Ford and they gave me a price of $1260 all in, and will put aside for me to pick up in a hour.

Exact same part number...... Like wtf :headscratch3:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But that shits ok, if you don’t think so you’re a communist lol. I never used to shop around a bunch years ago, I do now, probably too much because of crooks like that

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 Ford dealers in Calgree.......Or maybe all dealerships are like this? (Chrome bumper)

Called Woodridge and they gave me a price of $1785 all in, and not in stock. Told me to call Metro Ford......

Called Metro Ford and they gave me a price of $1260 all in, and will put aside for me to pick up in a hour.

Exact same part number...... Like wtf :headscratch3:

They're all becoming like that, our 2 dealers used to have different pricing too, then when each built a new building the prices on parts went up, a lot. If you don't manage to get preferred pricing you can't afford to shop there. One wheel bearing for my truck is $1100 at the dealer, I can get 2 of the same Motorcraft bearings from Rockauto shipped to my door for just under $1000.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Charge whatever you want as it’s a free market .
You don’t like the price don’t buy it . Pretty simple isn’t it ?!

100%! When the word get out on pricing, the small volume dealer will turn into a bigger one. Its up to the consumer to do their own homework, on what they are willing to spend the extra on. Its not the norm to see A higher volume dealer charging more than a low one tho.

I bought my new truck in Edmonton when I seen the numbers on a similar truck in my hometown, I prefer to support local but Im not a sucker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s the new problem. Snowchecks are coming in and some dealers aren’t taking trades. So if you have a 2022 model you were planning on trading in (especially in BC for tax purposes) the dealer doesn’t want it. I heard one dealer in BC has 15 snowcheck back outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s the new problem. Snowchecks are coming in and some dealers aren’t taking trades. So if you have a 2022 model you were planning on trading in (especially in BC for tax purposes) the dealer doesn’t want it. I heard one dealer in BC has 15 snowcheck back outs.

Interesting development…

It would be interesting to know what the “deal” was at snow check time. If the dealer “said” they would take it on trade, but then backed out, I don’t blame guys for not taking the new sled. With some guys blowing out their year old low mile turbos under $20G, the dealer needs to be well under that to turn a profit(especially if they end up sitting on a few next to new units)… the trade deal is looking like north of $10G difference…?

Lets not lose sight of the real problem… the gangsters that are forcing the masses to place deposits a year in advance, and then not deliver in a timely manner. Keep in mind the big difference between the automotive industry with millions of units, and then the relatively few units these manufacturers produce and a seasonally used ride to boot…

Sled prices will be taking a nose dive …

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting development…

It would be interesting to know what the “deal” was at snow check time. If the dealer “said” they would take it on trade, but then backed out, I don’t blame guys for not taking the new sled. With some guys blowing out their year old low mile turbos under $20G, the dealer needs to be well under that to turn a profit(especially if they end up sitting on a few next to new units)… the trade deal is looking like north of $10G difference…?

Lets not lose sight of the real problem… the gangsters that are forcing the masses to place deposits a year in advance, and then not deliver in a timely manner. Keep in mind the big difference between the automotive industry with millions of units, and then the relatively few units these manufacturers produce and a seasonally used ride to boot…

Sled prices will be taking a nose dive …
I hope your right about the sled pricing going down.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The used marketbis definitely tanking.

New ones will probably stay expensive though

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you have a 2022 model you were planning on trading in (especially in BC for tax purposes) the dealer doesn’t want it.

What do you mean "for tax purposes" I have never traded a sled in so curious.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my 22 for 20 grand and it took some effort. Dealer i snow check from would give me 17 on trade

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if you sell privately would need to inflate price by that much I guess
Good luck with that... There's a reason guys buy used. They don't want to or can't spend on the new full retail price.

Some may even try to negotiate your price down to relieve them of the tax implication when they go register the unit.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind of buying used. Nowdays even of you get a deal it doesn't matter because it's whatever the book value is. If the book says its worth 7 grand but you paid 5 greand you pay the taxes on the 7 grand. great system hey

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind of buying used. Nowdays even of you get a deal it doesn't matter because it's whatever the book value is. If the book says its worth 7 grand but you paid 5 greand you pay the taxes on the 7 grand. great system hey
Wonderful eh. Have your kids in Alberta as registered owners but take care of them for them lol

Top Bottom