Dealer cost to rebuild 2013 summit 800 engine

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what’s going on with the kids machine. Has 3600 km on it and it won’t start. Died on the hill. Anyway played around with it and am figuring it’s gonna need a top end maybe bottom aswell as it’s hard to pull over without plugs in and really hard to pull over with plugs in. I’m thinking something maybe bent. Anyways just trying to get a ball park figure on what this may cost thru a dealership to do. Is it even worth doing. I hate to see this thing sitting around not running. Thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what’s going on with the kids machine. Has 3600 km on it and it won’t start. Died on the hill. Anyway played around with it and am figuring it’s gonna need a top end maybe bottom aswell as it’s hard to pull over without plugs in and really hard to pull over with plugs in. I’m thinking something maybe bent. Anyways just trying to get a ball park figure on what this may cost thru a dealership to do. Is it even worth doing. I hate to see this thing sitting around not running. Thanks
Prolly going to have to do some dissasembly before you can get an accurate number? I'd drop it off at BowRidge next Monday and see what they say> Could be just a bad bearing on the crank or could be a catastrophic failure.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s my plan to drop off and get estimate hoping for the best but was just getting ready to try and stomach the cost lol aswell as the turnaround time

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like she's locked up ... No worries... IF iF iTs ouTa warranty and the dealers estimate is to high and ya live in the CaLgaRY area CaLL NeiLs he's a journey men mechanic for north of 25 years he worked many years for Bow cYcLe plus u can hang out in HiS SHoP and he will take ya through the stePs : caLL Lori 403-247-7029 he did great job on my ski doo ShorT Block better estimate then the DeaLeR.. Just a thought ... The KarMa KoWboY is on youR SiDE... !!! Yee HaW !! LoL

Last edited:

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

check out CV tech.com they may have exchange engines. Personally you may be better off parting it out.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a used engine I can sell ya, I’m up in slave lake. But if I recall... doesn’t motts machining in Edmonton sells engines for 2g ? ( might be wrong on that was a year or two back)

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite apples to watermelon comparison but buddy just had his 800 from a 2015 poolaris pro rebuilt at Motts for 2500. That was with an exchange cylinder and crank. His had a piled up crank bearing, major detonation damage and a bunged up cylinder from said detonation. It was completely piled. So I suspect you should be cheaper assuming yours would have less damage. He had removed engine and taken it to them. It also came with an entire gasket set for the rebuild for all the other gaskets to re install the engine. Fyi.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends whether you can switch the engine yourself. If youre planning on paying the dealer to do it you're much better off selling the sled as is and taking your loss. No sense putting $5500 into a $5500 sled

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 800r into my Summit from the factory. 1year unlimited mile warranty. 1 yr and 1 month at 1100-eleven hunderd miles on flatland Ontario and %$#@ crank broke. I would personally not trust doo replacement engine.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 800r into my Summit from the factory. 1year unlimited mile warranty. 1 yr and 1 month at 1100-eleven hunderd miles on flatland Ontario and %$#@ crank broke. I would personally not trust doo replacement engine.

Allways hearing about doo engines going and seeing adds for one year old sled with new engine so if they can't make the original last why buy a rebuild from them. I got a guy in golden to build one for me and was about 1500 bucks. There are guys like Linderman in Hillcrest that can build you a solid engine.

Be curious to hear from the OP what he found with it

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If interested I may have a 800 etec engine for sale , still in breakin mode.

rgashkei

Reaction score
Just did my 2012 800etec at dealer in Sk. Was $5200 with new reeds. Turned out somehow a piece of plastic had one of the reeds stuck open leaning out a piston. Should have done top end only but wanted a new engine.

Top Bottom