Dealer can't read sled ECU

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped my 22 Turbo and the kids 19 600 Summit off at the dealer the other day to get all three of our keys programmed in to both sleds. Besides finding out my 22 indeed did not come with DESS (contrary to what my sales guy told me), they were not able to access the ECU on the 600 with BUDS. Couldn't read codes, pull data, nothing.

Has anyone come across this issue before? What was your resolution?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I’ve been running the same DESS keys for years on our two sleds. Never a problem with the programming. Started doing it in 2013 and haven’t looked back. Those were the 800 Etec’s and the 850’s in later years. Running a 2019 and 2020 now and they are both programmed.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running the same DESS keys for years on our two sleds. Never a problem with the programming. Started doing it in 2013 and haven’t looked back. Those were the 800 Etec’s and the 850’s in later years. Running a 2019 and 2020 now and they are both programmed.
Yeah i found it really strange that they couldn't read the ECU at all on this machine.

I'm going to take it to another dealer next week and see what they can figure out

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped my 22 Turbo and the kids 19 600 Summit off at the dealer the other day to get all three of our keys programmed in to both sleds. Besides finding out my 22 indeed did not come with DESS (contrary to what my sales guy told me), they were not able to access the ECU on the 600 with BUDS. Couldn't read codes, pull data, nothing.

Has anyone come across this issue before? What was your resolution?
Not sure on the 600 issue but the 22 turbo has a dess key but it wasn’t anti theft at point of sale as BRP cut back on that because of the microprocessor shortage. However there is now a warranty bulletin out where you can get the dess post replaced at no charge and programmed however you want it. Just had mine done a couple weeks ago.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the 600 issue but the 22 turbo has a dess key but it wasn’t anti theft at point of sale as BRP cut back on that because of the microprocessor shortage. However there is now a warranty bulletin out where you can get the dess post replaced at no charge and programmed however you want it. Just had mine done a couple weeks ago.
Yeah i was aware of the parts shortage on the 22s. I guess I thought with getting mine late in the season, and nobody at the dealership mentioning it to me, that my sled was good to go. Dealer would have replaced the post, but had none in stock.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer finally got an answer from BRP. Turns out it's some software issue affecting all the 600 etecs. They apparently have a resolution for it now. I'll have to book the sled in again for them to give it another try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom