Custom transfer tank builders

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you ever afraid of it leaking at the low point / where the pump screws into tank ? See alot of tanks like yours and always wondered

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you ever afraid of it leaking at the low point / where the pump screws into tank ? See alot of tanks like yours and always wondered

so far so good i have been watching it pretty close, but not to say it wont eventually. cross that bridge then.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far so good i have been watching it pretty close, but not to say it wont eventually. cross that bridge then.

whole roll of teflon ?
Was thinking what would I do....RTV the threads. Dam diesel gonna eat through it.
Congrats on the tank homeslice !

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is similar to that and the most it's done is sweat a bit and I just used teflon, but i'm also running diesel. The only issue i've had is getting the fill neck the right height as it's such a pain to put the pump in, my 350L tank leaves like 50L in it. It's so much nicer having a tank that fits under box cover though, no ugly tank/pump sticking up.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is similar to that and the most it's done is sweat a bit and I just used teflon, but i'm also running diesel. The only issue i've had is getting the fill neck the right height as it's such a pain to put the pump in, my 350L tank leaves like 50L in it.

Dammit, didnt even think of that

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issue, I have my cut into the tank like that for the past 10years on a custom aluminum tank not a problem.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
93e772498b4662c5c083772fdaa2fe34.jpg

5ab5af080b36a2722b3a63e4b5031554.jpg
056599205a2f0722846269211903d3f4.jpg

3ftx5ftx1ft. Only thing was was were in a hurry and didn’t put a second neck for a vent so I gotta fill the last 1/4 of the tank slow or I wear diesel. If you look close there are 2 valves on top ( removed handles so I don’t hit them by mistake) one valve is to my filler neck and one is to 16’ of hose and nozzle. I have a light wired in so I can fill on the fly and know when my pump is on or off since I run a trigger wireless remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not huge, its 125L per side. i did the math so i could fill up my truck once and my sled and 20l jerry can twice. Weekend warrior setup as i still wanted it to fit under my deck if necessary and also didnt want it taking up my entire box.

and much better than 12 jerry cans LOL

What kinda bucks did that unit set you back?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GPI pumps are the way, I have had a couple for 15 years still going strong. Dont dead head them or run dry for to long and they will serve you well.

Just a suggestion arctic flex fuel hose is much easier to deal with and auto shutoff nozzles are nice but dirt collectors IMO. I went to full port ball valve with camlock ends. Couple of thoughts.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GPI pumps are the way, I have had a couple for 15 years still going strong. Dont dead head them or run dry for to long and they will serve you well.

Just a suggestion arctic flex fuel hose is much easier to deal with and auto shutoff nozzles are nice but dirt collectors IMO. I went to full port ball valve with camlock ends. Couple of thoughts.

Who sells that hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greenline, Red L, Greggs, pretty much any industrial supplier. Look into swivel ends at your nozzle side makes life easier for sure.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greenline, Red L, Greggs, pretty much any industrial supplier. Look into swivel ends at your nozzle side makes life easier for sure.

I’d get them to make a hose at greenline with the 3/4” arctic fuel hose. Can be whatever length is best for you.
Tell them to crimp a swivel end on ( hyd hose end # 4216x-12-12)

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since we are keeping this on point, maybe these are helpful suggestions as well. I like to use extension cord ends on the power supply at front of the box easy disconnect if tank needs to come out. Female side attached to truck ,male to pump and alligator clips at the battery with an inline fuse in case. If I need to kill power to pumps easy for public parking etc. Of course you can take to multiple different levels. This is quick and easy for me with all troubleshooting points easily within reach and out of the weather.

Also if you are straight gas, I would consider adding spin on water blocker fuel filters. As you know modern gas attracts water and tidy tanks can sweat from temperature fluctuations.

I use these,
Amazon product ASIN B000BVX8ZW
Good luck and enjoy

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since we are keeping this on point, maybe these are helpful suggestions as well. I like to use extension cord ends on the power supply at front of the box easy disconnect if tank needs to come out. Female side attached to truck ,male to pump and alligator clips at the battery with an inline fuse in case. If I need to kill power to pumps easy for public parking etc. Of course you can take to multiple different levels. This is quick and easy for me with all troubleshooting points easily within reach and out of the weather.

i put a 7way trailer plug on my pumps and it just plugs into the fifth wheel outlet inside my box. Pretty slick

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 7way trailer plug on my pumps and it just plugs into the fifth wheel outlet inside my box. Pretty slick

Dont bother changing the hose, I bet it's going to be 700 bucks in hose Greggs will sell you

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That didn’t pop a fuse? They have a big draw on initial start up I believe

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That didn’t pop a fuse? They have a big draw on initial start up I believe

no and the + and - are a pretty heavy guage wire on the truck side. these GPI dont seem to have the hard amperage startup that my old Fillrite pumps did, i think they would have blown. But at 70L per minute it also only needs to be on for less than a minute each time usually

Top Bottom