Custom transfer tank builders

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea if it's not being hauled too often I wouldn't worry about using a diesel tank, provided it is safe to transport gas in a common sense way, not a government safe way. Even in the worst case of an accident, what are the chances it punctures the tank, the tank happens to be full, and they actually care/check what is in the tank. I wouldn't run a placard and if ever stopped say it's diesel.

Just because you were hauling gas illegally and got in an accident wouldn't mean your insurance is void. It would have to contribute to damages in some way to be denied. Like if someone hit you and truck caught fire, they might try claim it wouldn't have happened if it was diesel, but still good luck with that. Assuming two gas vehicles are in an accident and everything burns quite a bit, insurance would have virtually no way to ever tell what was in the slip tank. They would view the vehicle a few days later burnt in a yard, and likely not ever care what was in the tank.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea if it's not being hauled too often I wouldn't worry about using a diesel tank, provided it is safe to transport gas in a common sense way, not a government safe way. Even in the worst case of an accident, what are the chances it punctures the tank, the tank happens to be full, and they actually care/check what is in the tank. I wouldn't run a placard and if ever stopped say it's diesel.

Just because you were hauling gas illegally and got in an accident wouldn't mean your insurance is void. It would have to contribute to damages in some way to be denied. Like if someone hit you and truck caught fire, they might try claim it wouldn't have happened if it was diesel, but still good luck with that. Assuming two gas vehicles are in an accident and everything burns quite a bit, insurance would have virtually no way to ever tell what was in the slip tank. They would view the vehicle a few days later burnt in a yard, and likely not ever care what was in the tank.
The reason your supposed to run placards is not to appease your insurance carrier, it is to let first responders know what they are dealing with in the event of an emergency.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason your supposed to run placards is not to appease your insurance carrier, it is to let first responders know what they are dealing with in the event of an emergency.

It's for a number of reasons but yes that is one of them. However whether a slip tank has gas or diesel in it means SFA in that small of capacity. Completely different story if you're dealing with a b-train full of product though.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Rocky at Redline in Nisku, he used to fab all the fuel tanks at Gee &Gee Racing, has built me some really nice stuff over the years, and is a top notch aluminum welder.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just picked up this , 135 litres, that plus the little ass gas tank in my f350 should get me back too Alberta without buying fuel in bc, now to find a good installer, anybody know someone shoot me a pm

Attachments

• 0134143F-CBEB-451E-986F-2818EA420C94.jpeg
    0134143F-CBEB-451E-986F-2818EA420C94.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 174

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a 350L that fits under box cover it was $1300 in aluminum from Rutz Welding. It seems really well built, I have no complaints. $5000 seems insane, $1000 would cover the 2 pumps easy, no way would tank be $4000. I always buy the pumps separate it's cheaper. Princess auto had fill-rite 15 GPM 12' hose and auto nozzle for $430 not long ago.

Yup RUTZ is great they have been building me 3-5 tanks/year. I know I’m late to reply but if you’re nice you will get a tour of the museum its super cool.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have a line on someone that builds quailty tanks?

i need something like this, its almost 5000$ so i figured i could get it built cheaper here...maybe..

Snaxwell! Dwight the other xm when we road oasis is an incredible welder. Would be cheaper than the 5 k easily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snaxwell! Dwight the other xm when we road oasis is an incredible welder. Would be cheaper than the 5 k easily!

Also he modified my slip tank twice already with no issues.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Rocky at Redline in Nisku, he used to fab all the fuel tanks at Gee &Gee Racing, has built me some really nice stuff over the years, and is a top notch aluminum welder.
Was gonna say Gee and Gee but didnt know if rocky was still there, he built me a nice little 120L alum aux tank for under my deck 10-11 years ago, still works great.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a slip tank that is plumbed to the fuel tank for automatic filling?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a slip tank that is plumbed to the fuel tank for automatic filling?

automatic fuel shutoff ?
Would need to wire in a switch and have it plumbed in as normal (valce controlled with switch) instead of crawling in box and flipping valve. Turn off (close valve) when oem dash says full

Transferflow makes that kind of thing, but could probably get way cheaper "building own"

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Transferflow tanks have a monitor that automatically transfer fuel based on how much fuel is in your regular tank. I have also bought solenoid valves from princess auto and just wired them to a toggle switch. transfer fuel whenever you want right from the drivers seat.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tank is done it’s beautiful.

Saved 165$ on my first sled weekend already

Regular - Edm 1.19 Reg valemount - 1.78 = 0.59 cheaper x 125 litre regular tank = 73.75$ savings on truck fillup

Filled my sled and jerry cans twice with the premium side of the tank

Edm premium 1.31 vale 2.05 = 0.74 cheaper x 125 = 92.50$ savings on premium

54928f6c0998b13f38c5e84ab43a542c.jpg

3f8a37e21362ff270f0da38fa5442c7c.jpg

8e28d24384c9d4bd7ac30073fd7309f5.jpg

6766e7707ea8e0439461ed34e3001b7c.jpg

d965f919db821d7065b5027d9a233e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
how many liters per side does that sucker hold Maxwell?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many liters per side does that sucker hold Maxwell?

its not huge, its 125L per side. i did the math so i could fill up my truck once and my sled and 20l jerry can twice. Weekend warrior setup as i still wanted it to fit under my deck if necessary and also didnt want it taking up my entire box.

and much better than 12 jerry cans LOL

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
its not huge, its 125L per side. i did the math so i could fill up my truck once and my sled and 20l jerry can twice. Weekend warrior setup as i still wanted it to fit under my deck if necessary and also didnt want it taking up my entire box.

and much better than 12 jerry cans LOL
That's a decent size IMO.

Top Bottom