crappy tire sale

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not 1080 so pics might be grainy but not sure, it would be something to find out from a camera store

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going out to buy the 3500# winch kit that is in the flier for less than $100. Thanks for posting up the link tot the sales. A rear winch on my SxS will come in handy.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Sony AS-15 Action Camera w/wifi that is on sale at Costco right now for 199.99. Unreal camera and having experience with both the Go Pro Hero 3 white and the Sony AS-15 IMO the sony is a much better camera then the go pro white. I cannot speak on behalf of the silver or black edition go pro cause I have never used them. Picture quality is a lot sharper and sound quality is much better on the sony. Trust me you will not be disapointed. Wifi feature is unreal, you can transfer your whole day of riding to your smart phone in seconds without the need for any computers and it plays crystal clear 1080P quality with no burps and lag time on my I phone 5. Two thumps Up. You get what you pay for boys.

Last edited:

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Sony AS-15 Action Camera w/wifi that is on sale at Costco right now for 199.99. Unreal camera and having experience with both the Go Pro Hero 3 white and the Sony AS-15 IMO the sony is a much better camera then the go pro white. I cannot speak on behalf of the silver or black edition go pro cause I have never used them. Picture quality is a lot sharper and sound quality is much better on the sony. Trust me you will not be disapointed. Wifi feature is unreal, you can transfer your whole day of riding to your smart phone in seconds without the need for any computers and it plays crystal clear 1080P quality with no burps and lag time on my I phone 5. Two thumps Up. You get what you pay for boys.
Nice camera! How is it for mounting?

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very easy and it comes with 3 different mounts so you can mount it pretty much anywhere you want on your helmet.
Perfect thanks for the response, I'll do some more reading on this camera, had a gopro before and I wasn't a fan, this one seems more easier to use.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect thanks for the response, I'll do some more reading on this camera, had a gopro before and I wasn't a fan, this one seems more easier to use.

Very easy to use. Just do your comparisons and the camera will speak for itself. I just want to spend a little time now and find a really good video editing program for these awesome videos.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most go pro reviews from normal folks hasn't been positive...lookin at drift and what ever else is out there right now...also looked at winch but was hard to justify

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i had to get a new camera battery life is key. Specially snowmobiling. Just leave it on all day and clean it up on the computer.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the go pro white edition and i don't have any problems with it .It does 1080 at 30 fps.I don't think you wanna edit all day of riding.

that sony looks like a good deal though for a second camera,i will go have a look at it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I initially bought a Sony. The camera was awesome. When I got it home, I was not impressed. Sony has everything of their own. Like their card did not fit in my computer........go figure! I had to buy an adapter if I remember right.

It may have changed but I was not impressed.

Cannon is a great camera with good all round video. But it isn't a helmet cam!

I liked my Contour but if I had to doo it over again, I would look at the Drift.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost my go pro (like so many others eh) and wont be buying another. at $200 the sony is almost half the price of a gopro. we had alota problems down loading the hero 3 to laptops.
the go pro is not much good if more than 30-40ft from the subject, and I had aota shiity footage from bright sunny days that was unusable.
I'd like to get another vid cam, but maybe I'll just ride with others who have cam's so I can be the subject not the camera man ...

csharko

Reaction score
I see a new camera on the market it is called the Wasp, does anybody have any experience with them? they advertise a longer battery life then the Go Pro. $269.00 with a wrist remote at my local shop, might be something to check out they also use all the Go Pro attachments for mounting.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a new camera on the market it is called the Wasp, does anybody have any experience with them? they advertise a longer battery life then the Go Pro. $269.00 with a wrist remote at my local shop, might be something to check out they also use all the Go Pro attachments for mounting.

Dang that's cool...I wonder how well it performs? At $150 less of the Hero3 (black edition) that I have that's pretty cool.

I like my GoPro. It would have issues freezing but then I updated the software (free) and it's given me no issues since. I'd have a hard time swallowing the cost of it again if anything were to happen to it...but it's just money haha.

I'd like to pick up a nice camcorder so I can film more than just POV and on-board stuff.

Top Bottom