Crap Korean Chinese tires

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have just bought marathons for twice the price, because now I’ll be 3 times the cost. Two years old maybe 7000km cracked rubber sled atv toy trailer tires.

Attachments

• BBDF9C6C-F6C1-4784-A976-FF1DFF0DA3DD.jpeg
    BBDF9C6C-F6C1-4784-A976-FF1DFF0DA3DD.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 167

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have just bought marathons for twice the price, because now I’ll be 3 times the cost. Two years old maybe 7000km cracked rubber sled atv toy trailer tires.
They are just like tires but not tires. 😀
Kinda like buying a squeegee. All fake rubber and they don’t work.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t buy the marathons…get the good year endurances….slightly more money but a much better tire….

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't label all chinese tires together, some are crap some are good. I have been running sailuns on my tag 3.5 years on oldest set and they still look brand new, about 2 years on a set of longmarch on dump truck and they are still perfect. Only brand i'm not totally impressed with is grizzly I believe, the steers are a bit out of round and shake sometimes on the highway.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't label all chinese tires together, some are crap some are good. I have been running sailuns on my tag 3.5 years on oldest set and they still look brand new, about 2 years on a set of longmarch on dump truck and they are still perfect. Only brand i'm not totally impressed with is grizzly I believe, the steers are a bit out of round and shake sometimes on the highway.
I guess I would tend to agree with that, we have a few 14K flat decks and they have been fine with tires that have names I can’t pronounce. Did have one set that wore out super fast but not cracked crap like these and this sled trailer spends the vast majority of its time in a heated shop. Am going for a set of endurance… all I need is a flat sledding or hauling toys through the states.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I would tend to agree with that, we have a few 14K flat decks and they have been fine with tires that have names I can’t pronounce. Did have one set that wore out super fast but not cracked crap like these and this sled trailer spends the vast majority of its time in a heated shop. Am going for a set of endurance… all I need is a flat sledding or hauling toys through the states.
The biggest problem with tires that are just like real Tires is balancing. They’re not round and they will beat the piss out of the wheel bearings and axles they are attached to. Many can’t even be balanced

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It’s kinda a crap shoot with them. A guy I worked with put them on a 1 ton Ford. 3 tires were great and wearing very good. The one one the front so not a drive tire didn’t last 15k

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run LT truck tires instead of trailer tires. Way more tread so they last much longer. A old boss shoed me this and he runs em on all his trailers. Never had a issue and they far outlast trailer tires and he puts a lot of km on his tires

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Run LT truck tires instead of trailer tires. Way more tread so they last much longer. A old boss shoed me this and he runs em on all his trailers. Never had a issue and they far outlast trailer tires and he puts a lot of km on his tires
Interesting. A couple of months ago I bought 4 new tires for my 14k trailer from Kal-Tire. They specifically told me to stay away from truck tires as the burn off fast. Because the way a trailer sways, they heat up faster. They said, that is why it's so important to use a trailer tire, because they are designed for sway and run cooler.

I paid $880.00 done, for the 4 and installed.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told not to put truck tires on our 5th wheel. Reason was something like truck tires have stiffer side walls, and the tread patterns are also for lateral stability. When a tandem axle trailer is turning, if the sidewalls are not flexing and the tires are not 'sliding', that torque is transferred to the spindles, axle, springs etc. causing premature wear and tear. I've watched my tires flex over to the point my stomach turns and see there's some logic to this.
Further to this, I've dealt with 'China Bombs' having 2 of 4 blow. The last set on the big trailer were Goodyear 10ply ST tires. Cost a bunch, but well worth the peace of mind.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodyear has a load chart for the endurance tires. You can decrease the pressure based on the load they’re carrying so you don’t beat the snot out of your trailer. For my Arctic fox I can air down to 65 instead of 80psi. Makes a difference in how the trailer reacts to the road.

Top Bottom