Covid 19 and Snowmobiling

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing like the flu. Flu kills 0.02% this around 2%. Do the math.

You are correct Jim, this is 1918 all over again.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Merc how do you do math when you only have one number. Oh yea I forgot that's the new math, that came out after my time. Thats the same math Trudeau uses, You just makeup the awnser that you want.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

But how do they know those ##'s - I'm not saying they are wrong I'm just curious - How do they know how many people have the flu in any given year other than a poll? clinic visits, hospitalizations & deaths are obviously much easier to track but how do they know how many folks actually get the flu, stay home for a couple days on meds and get on with life?

Same with this Covid virus, they say 2% fatality rate, but that number is based on confirmed cases, there are likely 10x as many cases as have been confirmed through testing and Mrs.Hinshaw has confirmed this, that would put the actual fatality rate closer to .2% (still higher than seasonal flu which is actually about 0.06%) but who knows when the numbers are not easily accessible and easily skewed.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little Russian roulette?

aed823b3f72c8ab1809cc0b8c5179ac7.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
And once again just to be clear.... I am doing everything they are suggesting. Still coming to my office each day but maintaining distancing and not taking any risks. Only buying what we need and taking advantage of online ordering and curbside pick-up. I'm by no means saying that this pandemic is not serious and should not be taken seriously, I'm simply questioning where all the numbers are coming from and how accurate they are.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.vicnews.com/news/trudeau-rejects-mandatory-stay-at-home-order-for-now-covid-deaths-up/

Hummm, the feds are talking about mandatory stay at home order. Trudeau rejected it.

This will happen if more people will not listen to the recommendations.

Dunno why people think this is a flu, and its not serious.
Wanna look at numbers? Look at the data on all Coronavirus’s this is a different new strain.

This virus called covid-19 or now as its properly named SARS-COV-2 has killed more than the SARS-COV outbreak infected in 2002.

Lots of data on the Coronavirus

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...ase-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see what happens in Sweden. They’ve isolated the compromised, but other than that life as normal. Schools open, all business’s running. To this point their numbers aren’t worse than countries that have totally shut down.

snow_farmer

Reaction score
I don't know what to think of the whole thing..... to shut down the whole country and world economy for what is being reported as far as deaths go is crazy. I'm not saying it isn't serious, but numbers can be skewed to create fear and fit one's agenda. A week or so ago I remember following Italy's numbers and the media portrayed it something like:
Fri-600 Dead
Sat-790 Dead
Sun- over 5000 people have now died in Italy due to Covid (failing to mention Sundays numbers actually dropped to 650.)
Another interesting stat I heard is that roughly 85% of people that have died from Covid, would've have most likely died in the next 12 months anyways. One of the best quotes I've heard so far is from Trump when he said we cant let the solution become worse than the problem and that's what I'm afraid were doing. What are the ramifications to all these bailouts? How many people's lives will be destroyed from this? How many suicides will there be? No one seems to talk about that.

I've stated all along to family and friends, I'm all for "flattening the curve," social distancing, and I respect the people that want to self isolate due to personal opinions or health reasons. But if the government continues on this path, people are going to snap, there will be looting/robberies/violence/riots/rebellions etc etc etc and I can tell you I'm way more fearful for my families safety from human nature than the actual virus itself...…

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see what happens in Sweden. They’ve isolated the compromised, but other than that life as normal. Schools open, all business’s running. To this point their numbers aren’t worse than countries that have totally shut down.

I'm interested to see how this works out as well....

As for Caper's question about taking it seriously, I think most are, but there are also lots of questions. I understand it is "different" and a new strain but I'm simply questioning how "deadly" it will be in comparison to other illnesses.

US currently has just over 7000 deaths from Covid-19 From October 2019 thru March 2020 seasonal flu has been responsible for 25k-63k deaths
Worldwide annual deaths from flu range from 291K to 646K averaging about 475K to date Covid is responsible for 59K

I've heard the estimates of 100k-240k deaths in the US and 15K in Ontario I question where those numbers come from. Not dispute simply question

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of the whole thing..... to shut down the whole country and world economy for what is being reported as far as deaths go is crazy. I'm not saying it isn't serious, but numbers can be skewed to create fear and fit one's agenda. A week or so ago I remember following Italy's numbers and the media portrayed it something like:
Fri-600 Dead
Sat-790 Dead
Sun- over 5000 people have now died in Italy due to Covid (failing to mention Sundays numbers actually dropped to 650.)
Another interesting stat I heard is that roughly 85% of people that have died from Covid, would've have most likely died in the next 12 months anyways. One of the best quotes I've heard so far is from Trump when he said we cant let the solution become worse than the problem and that's what I'm afraid were doing. What are the ramifications to all these bailouts? How many people's lives will be destroyed from this? How many suicides will there be? No one seems to talk about that.

I've stated all along to family and friends, I'm all for "flattening the curve," social distancing, and I respect the people that want to self isolate due to personal opinions or health reasons. But if the government continues on this path, people are going to snap, there will be looting/robberies/violence/riots/rebellions etc etc etc and I can tell you I'm way more fearful for my families safety from human nature than the actual virus itself...…

I agree with this 100% - just don't know what to think about the whole situation

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With snow-farmer . The virus isn’t my worry ! It’s the people that worry me as well .
I think a couple more weeks is about all most folks will put up with ?
Then they will need to start relaxing a few things as things better here in berta anyway.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this works out as well....

As for Caper's question about taking it seriously, I think most are, but there are also lots of questions. I understand it is "different" and a new strain but I'm simply questioning how "deadly" it will be in comparison to other illnesses.

US currently has just over 7000 deaths from Covid-19 From October 2019 thru March 2020 seasonal flu has been responsible for 25k-63k deaths
Worldwide annual deaths from flu range from 291K to 646K averaging about 475K to date Covid is responsible for 59K

I've heard the estimates of 100k-240k deaths in the US and 15K in Ontario I question where those numbers come from. Not dispute simply question

Im not paying attention to the death numbers, unfortunately I dont think we should, this pandemic is still going on amd until the dust settles than the comparisons will be valid.
The rise in the cases due to people being contagious and not being sick, should be the cause for a concern. The potential of a persons health to turn for the worse is a possibility.

As you know, The sooner we “as a country” stops the spread, the sooner we can get our lives back to normal.

It will be interesting to see how Sweden’s plan works out. Imo they seem to have the best plan to let this run its course.

Just my two cents.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With snow-farmer . The virus isn’t my worry ! It’s the people that worry me as well .
I think a couple more weeks is about all most folks will put up with ?
Then they will need to start relaxing a few things as we that gets better here in berta anyway.

I agree. There will be way bigger things to worry about if this keeps on like it is.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I read that there is no specific test for "COVID19" just tests for "corona virus". And apparently corona viruses are everywhere. This would definitely skew the numbers and explain why the symptoms vary so much.
And once again just to be clear.... I am doing everything they are suggesting. Still coming to my office each day but maintaining distancing and not taking any risks. Only buying what we need and taking advantage of online ordering and curbside pick-up. I'm by no means saying that this pandemic is not serious and should not be taken seriously, I'm simply questioning where all the numbers are coming from and how accurate they are.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a expert on diseases say that there are hundreds of corona viruses for animals but only 7 are deadly to humans

Top Bottom