Corbin

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group and i are thinking of heading down to ride Corbin tomorrow. None of us ever ride down that way so.. if anyone could give me directions to the staging area i would sure appreciate it. Also i have read about the "no go" areas. Is there a website i can go to so we dont end up in these spots and get us in chit. Also a conditions update would be great. Thanks guys,

crowdoo

Reaction score
My group and i are thinking of heading down to ride Corbin tomorrow. None of us ever ride down that way so.. if anyone could give me directions to the staging area i would sure appreciate it. Also i have read about the "no go" areas. Is there a website i can go to so we dont end up in these spots and get us in chit. Also a conditions update would be great. Thanks guys,

go west into bc from alberta on hwy 3 when u get to a construction job on hwy 3 (new bridge over train tracks) go left south drive south u will go over another set of rr tracks keep goin till road ends at coal mountain mine ,stagging area on right teck mine on left .pay ur 15 $ and ride .the no go area is on left side of trail for 5km . as for condictions was there a week ago had a good ride. play safe

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
careful not to blow right past the intersection where you turn of

On Highway #3, you will see some construction signs and speed limit signs and maybe 500m before the tracks you must turn left. If you cross the tracks turn around and then turn the first right after the tracks. Good luck, fs

Thanks guys!:beer:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out yesterday and had a good time in Corbin. Snow in the trees was really fun to play in. The directions on how to get to the staging area where perfect. I have couple questions about the area though. On the trail ride in we got to a "Y" in the road that had tracks going in both directions. We opted to go left for no reason really we just did it. If you stay right would it have taken us to a different area? Also when we where driving out in the evening we noticed what looked to be two other staging areas with trucks parked along the road. What is the scoop with those areas?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went out yesterday and had a good time in Corbin. Snow in the trees was really fun to play in. The directions on how to get to the staging area where perfect. I have couple questions about the area though. On the trail ride in we got to a "Y" in the road that had tracks going in both directions. We opted to go left for no reason really we just did it. If you stay right would it have taken us to a different area? Also when we where driving out in the evening we noticed what looked to be two other staging areas with trucks parked along the road. What is the scoop with those areas?

There are a couple of 'y's" as you go south. The first one to the right goes to Barnes and Elliot Lakes. The others could take you to Barnes Ranch and/or MacLatchie.

The other two staging areas: the yellow gate and the Tin Shack. The yellow gates staging area can lead to the pipeline but mainly to Marten Creek and then on to the Coal Creek trail. The Tin Shack is a direct route (normally rough) to the pipeline and the Notch.

Hope this helps, fs

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of 'y's" as you go south. The first one to the right goes to Barnes and Elliot Lakes. The others could take you to Barnes Ranch and/or MacLatchie.

The other two staging areas: the yellow gate and the Tin Shack. The yellow gates staging area can lead to the pipeline but mainly to Marten Creek and then on to the Coal Creek trail. The Tin Shack is a direct route (normally rough) to the pipeline and the Notch.

Hope this helps, fs

Cool thanks. I have some friends that ride the notch area and like it. What is marten creek like? Mainly tree riding? How long are the trail rides to get into both of those areas?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I have some friends that ride the notch area and like it. What is marten creek like? Mainly tree riding? How long are the trail rides to get into both of those areas?

Logging road(s) and cut blocks. Depends on how fast you drive and how much you play on the way in! Some peeps find untouched in the trees and never make it any further.....

But in answer to your question, 20-30 minutes.....

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the "Y" you are talking about was quite a ways down the trail, that is the start of a loop you can do down there. The turn off to barns and elliot is 5 K down the trail from the staging area. If you meet someone in the staging area colleting, they have maps for sale of all the area's down there that are made by the Fernie club, I think, but they are good maps. I was down there from December 23rd to January 6th, We stay across from the staging area and if I am in the area, would be glad to show you some area's, based on you experience:beer:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the conditions like? Myself and another guy are leaving tomrw.

please tell me 3 ft of POW;) everywhere:)

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the conditions like? Myself and another guy are leaving tomrw.

please tell me 3 ft of POW;) everywhere:)

just got back from there today not 3 ft of pow everywhere but its a nice bet down it was snowing all day at the mine when we was there.....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode here today..snow was heavy and wet,,we didnt know exactly where to go,but had fun anyway,Still lots of snow,,trail in was not to bad...And was snowing hard all day.
We ran into some other people on the trail,and seen a truck camper and what looked to be some cabins in the trees,,just played around on some of the cut blocks and lease roads,,,

And thanks to the guy on the 4 stroke sled that helped push my truck out when i got stuck in the staging area like a idiot,,,new tires are on the way..
Would like to explore the area more,looks like lots of fun.

Last edited:

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode here today..snow was heavy and wet,,we didnt know exactly where to go,but had fun anyway,Still lots of snow,,trail in was not to bad...And was snowing hard all day.
We ran into some other people on the trail,and seen a truck camper and what looked to be some cabins in the trees,,just played around on some of the cut blocks and lease roads,,,

And thanks to the guy on the 4 stroke sled that helped push my truck out when i got stuck in the staging area like a idiot,,,new tires are on the way..
Would like to explore the area more,looks like lots of fun.

any pic's to share?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i heard the snow was over the hood all day from a few friends

we rode fernie yesterday staged at coal creek,,,, over the hood all day just amazing snow...until secondary lost 2 bolts and I had to limp out for 2 hours but still a great day just bummed I missed half of it,,

no pics but trust me,, 3 steps DOWN to get into the cabin lol

lets us know Medler we show ya around someday....:beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
we rode fernie yesterday staged at coal creek,,,, over the hood all day just amazing snow...until secondary lost 2 bolts and I had to limp out for 2 hours but still a great day just bummed I missed half of it,,

no pics but trust me,, 3 steps DOWN to get into the cabin lol

lets us know Medler we show ya around someday....:beer:

Thinking may long out there. Maybe some of the weekend anyway

Top Bottom