Corbin conditions?

Rideordie

Reaction score
Hey there,

Just wondering if there are conditions yet to post about? Is the flat head covered up good enough to get in on and anyone think its worth a trip out yet? Thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just wondering if there are conditions yet to post about? Is the flat head covered up good enough to get in on and anyone think its worth a trip out yet? Thanks.

At 6000' in the Rolling Hills there is about 10" of soaking wet snow (it rained for 3 days!!). Still driving the truck up the road with lots of rocks and dirt showing.

I'm not thinking the Flathead would be any better as it is quite a bit lower and warmer. Just my opinion tho'.........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 6000' in the Rolling Hills there is about 10" of soaking wet snow (it rained for 3 days!!). Still driving the truck up the road with lots of rocks and dirt showing.

I'm not thinking the Flathead would be any better as it is quite a bit lower and warmer. Just my opinion tho'.........

Hope that doesn't freeze and turn into a PWL.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Hey there,

Not ready yet!! Out in the Commander down the Flathead and up Trail Mtn behind my place last week and there is ( WAS ) about a foot. Sure looked nice for a few days though!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope that doesn't freeze and turn into a PWL.

I'm by no means a professional, but I think it won't be an issue. Even if you have a thick layer of weak snow at ground, one avy cycle from a heavy snow and it should be whiped to ground level and hopefully have nice, consistant snow and weather to make a good snow pack from there. Not like wet snow/rain a this time of year is unheard of....

Can't wait to get out sledding and boarding! I think this weekend the sled gets a once over and maintenance day just so it's ready!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She'll all be good to go with caution down south this weekend calling for 35cm fresh.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope this pic works this time

Attachments

• snow!.jpg
    snow!.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 691

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out today and WOW its a complete reverse from my house. I have 2 feet at my house got to south castle and ended up in 3 inches the farther you went the thinner it got. I heard north kootney was the same and not surew on castle but i'm assuming the same although castle gets more snow its usually got bigger hazards to avoid in early season. Seen a few others out there see if anyone else chimes in.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
winds are blowing super hard right now and temps are only -4 supposed to get some flurries but its gonna be awhile still around the crownsnest area.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Rainguage on the weekend!! Trail head snow is skinny with crusty snow below tree line with rain/snow mix. Higher elevations getting POW POW.
has link to FB page with VIDEO! Become a member. This is where most of my infomation and photos will be posted.Watch Verlees blog on Website on her trail report!

Dec 2 snow.jpg

Top Bottom