Corbin avalanche????????

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what's going on up there? My son just came out of the Coal Mountain mine site and says S&R and RCMP are at the parking lot getting choppered into somewhere. Hearing rumors about guys caught in an avy up there.

Update: Not an avalanche, but there is a fatality. See post #6.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from my son again. Not an avalanche. It was a collision between two sleds. One fatality. Barnes Lake area. He knows him and told me the name, but I better let the RCMP/Coroner release it.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
****ty deal. Running into each other in that part of the world wouldn't be what one would expect to hear as reason for being killed on a snowmobile.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
****ty deal. Running into each other in that part of the world wouldn't be what one would expect to hear as reason for being killed on a snowmobile.

It happens real easy and fast. I was in a collision with a close friend about 8 years ago on a mountain where there was only 6 of us riding on May long. I got hurt real bad and 2" the other way I would have been killed. It changed the way we ride as a group.

My condolences go out to all family and friends.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to becoming more common. Heard about two instances in one weekend not long ago in Whistler, one collision and another where one sledder jumped and landed on another. To easy to assume no one is near you, and hard to hear another sled over your own sleds noise. Got to keep your neck on a swivel especially in the trees.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People just can't seem to win. After being told continually the dangers of riding alone, we have a pretty strong argument against not riding solo.

I wonder since this seems to happen so much, why there is not been one thread started, questioning how we can save ourselves from ourselves...?

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure people thinking there alone is usually when these accidents happen. Terrible news either way.

Top Bottom