Cool Guns

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this for cleaning? Just picked it up. Thinking should work pretty good for semis . They have an oil to but didn't grab one. 20 bucks a can.

Attachments

• 20220501_105016.jpg
    20220501_105016.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 109

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this for cleaning? Just picked it up. Thinking should work pretty good for semis . They have an oil to but didn't grab one. 20 bucks a can.

I have never used that. I use wipeout, it's a foaming spray. Works well. Have you tried the wipeout or sweets 7.62. The sweets is harsh if you let the barrel soak too long I've heard. My fav is wipeout though...

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Wipeout for the barrels all the time. G96 is go to oil. Just wanted something for actions. Especially on semis. Acts like brakecleen but doesn't harm plastics apparently. Has a straw applicator for the hard to get places. Tried it on a couple today and pretty happy so far. G 96ed everything after to keep lubed.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried the rope, always wondered about it though. Might have to get one and try it. How long do you let your wipeout soak for?
I have left Wipeout in barrel overnight. They claim it won't hurt like other stuff does. I always use a bore snake for barrels. Run a patch through in-between to see if there is still copper showing from the Wipeout.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have left Wipeout in barrel overnight. They claim it won't hurt like other stuff does. I always use a bore snake for barrels. Run a patch through in-between to see if there is still copper showing from the Wipeout.

As a side note, after discovering bore snakes years ago, that was the last time a cleaning rod had ever seen service on my stuff. I have ‘em in every calibre that I own. 👍👍

Top Bottom