Cool Guns

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That range is SE of Calgary.
Can shoot out to 500 yards there. Plenty of power in that 6.5 to reach that easily. Hard to shoot there as waiting list for memberships unfortunately. There is a range at Shepard as well Trashy. Same club as the Milo one.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what we do. Always shoot into a hill and all that safe stuff but yeah there are usually a handful of guys out shooting in waiporous when we go

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 6.5 will reach out a long way so be sure to be aware of what’s down range is all and carry your PAL with you as some guys around here have actually been checked shooting gophers in their own field by fish cops

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll buy 6.5 creedmore shells for it. Cheaper ones for rodents, not sure about hunting??? Probably just long range targets
In my Ruger Precision I tried several different types of ammo. I found the Hornady 140 gr Eld Match for target and 143 gr ELD X Precision hunter were the best grouping and most consistent. Just my 2 cents.
In the right thread...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard repeatedly for the RPAL application that you should send in proof of range ownership with the application and when re applying. It doesn’t ask you to on the application however like many before me have said as well as myself it was taking some time to get it back and then they sent me an email requesting that proof before they would finish processing the application. Just what I have heard and seen my self

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have heard repeatedly for the RPAL application that you should send in proof of range ownership with the application and when re applying. It doesn’t ask you to on the application however like many before me have said as well as myself it was taking some time to get it back and then they sent me an email requesting that proof before they would finish processing the application. Just what I have heard and seen my self

Ya well you can’t send a proof of range member with the renewal Only your picture So I didn’t and then they email you and ask for it

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well you can’t send a proof of range member with the renewal Only your picture So I didn’t and then they email you and ask for it
Ok Mike. I was told by a few buddies to send it in even if they don’t request it on the app to save time as they will invariably ask for it anyways. Just going on what I was told by others is all. 😃

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll buy 6.5 creedmore shells for it. Cheaper ones for rodents, not sure about hunting??? Probably just long range targets
16504736429173306073538052883535.jpg

These are what I run in my Bergara 6.5 creed, can usually be found for under $30/box, they also have a 140gr Soft point too that works really well, little bit harder to find, but still under $30/box
16504738166093272147391933584600.jpg

Top Bottom