cooking on a yamaha 4 stroke?

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably a stupid question but does anybody know of any sort of cooking instrument/muffpot or way that a person could rig something up? I've scratched my head and come up blank every time!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya same here! on my apex. im kinda wondering if the 12v system could handle one of those 8"x8" cooler/cookers. i have one for my truck but am afraid to try it for fear of "cooking" the electrical system or blowing fuzes.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could probably cook sausage ontop of my turbo lol it gets hot, I bet if I got a muff pot and found a way to secure it ontop on my turbo it might just work

Sent from a iPhone

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
switch your fuel over to C3H8......then just bring a small BQ.....turbo propane Yamaha is what I want but not going to happen this year! I want to play with a boost it set up first......but my new sled coming tomorrow is going to get a muff cooker.....I just have to figure out which one of the 3 pipes I should put it on......or get 3 muff pots to cook for the group! lol

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a guy that had a turbo Nitro and he had his muff pot on the muffler behind the seat. He said that it get stuff hot, but not like one under the hood. Someone should make a cooker in muffler like the sled shed in Revy has for two strokes.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the turbo makes more then enough heat but its under the seat...

Not on mine, mines just infront of the gas tank. All I gotta do is just take off the hood and I could easily wedge something in there ontop of it.

Sent from a iPhone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326564504.306438.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326564504.306438.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 172

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya same here! on my apex. im kinda wondering if the 12v system could handle one of those 8"x8" cooler/cookers. i have one for my truck but am afraid to try it for fear of "cooking" the electrical system or blowing fuzes.

Thats all you need. More weight on a Yamaha.

Lol a 12v 8x8 electric cooker....i am with LHF on this one. You gonna get power steering to for that apex??;)

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just mount it to the main header. My friend did that although it took some work.

dony409

Reaction score
if youneven moderately handy you could make something simple like a small oil cooler filled with a heat absorbing solid or liquid and that could provide a hot cooking surface

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in order to find my main header.....it will take me an hour of "god dam, why did yamaha do this" and a box full of tools.....I dont need to cook that bad! lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your oil is getting hot enough to cook with like the temp from an exhaust.......you might have more issues than "how to cook on a 4 stroke"

if youneven moderately handy you could make something simple like a small oil cooler filled with a heat absorbing solid or liquid and that could provide a hot cooking surface

dony409

Reaction score
you definately misunderstood me! i said use a oil cooler (cause there small light and absorb and dissapate heat effectively and filler with sand so it sucks even more heat and then you got a flat surface to cook on

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is your def of an oil cooler? a cooler that cools the engine oil in a 4 stroke? if oil gets to 180 deg, you cant pull out 300-500 to cook with! what is this sand you talk about? is it some thing special to make the temp go up on your hot plate? I think I really did misunderstand you:confused:

you definately misunderstood me! i said use a oil cooler (cause there small light and absorb and dissapate heat effectively and filler with sand so it sucks even more heat and then you got a flat surface to cook on

Top Bottom