Conquer 280 track anyone run it yet

DangleStar127

Reaction score
Like the title says anyone run this track yet ? Curious to know if it's that much better then say a X3 camoplast track, I know rotational mass plays a game in sleds but how big of a difference. Worth the upgrade ?!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says anyone run this track yet ? Curious to know if it's that much better then say a X3 camoplast track, I know rotational mass plays a game in sleds but how big of a difference. Worth the upgrade ?!

Rob at specialty sleds put one on his 850. I'm Not sure if he tried it yet. Maybe call him

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my buddy is out in Revy right now on his new 280 track turbo Pro. Maybe he'll still be conscious after Zalas and post here.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had mine out a couple times in decent snow. Nothing to complain about yet. Haven't had conditions where I could do any comparisons yet so jury's out. I'm a little concerned how the downhill braking is going to be. It hooks up hard on the trail for sure.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my buddy is out in Revy right now on his new 280 track turbo Pro. Maybe he'll still be conscious after Zalas and post here.

I love my new 163 280 stops down hill just as good as my old camo x 2.5. I find it digs harder than buddies 174 x3 on hard wind blown snow. Only thing I don't like about it is that when I'm doing tail standers on rolling hills I'm having a hard time keeping it going straight it tends to wonder all over the place. That might be because its my first ride of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEGA

Reaction score
I have 2 turbo'd pro's both had 2.5" camo extreme last year, one is a 174 and one a 163. This year decided to change it up so put the 2.8 conquer on the 163 and the 3" on the 174, rode this weekend for 3 days and the 2.8 will be for sale and a 3" going on. The forward traction is very good on the 2.8, pulls hard!! being turbo'd I cant say I felt the weight difference but in a stock sled I am sure it would be recognized. coming down the hill I gained speed, I had no control when comparing to my old 2.5" or the new 3", on hard pack the same thing very good traction forward, very poor traction stopping when comparing to the 2.5" or 3". Everyone is different when it comes to coming down a hill but for me thats the worst spot and I want to have more control than what that 2.8 offers. When wheeling, the sled stayed very straight and was predictable. there was another guy in the group, running a 2.5" with turbo pro 163, do an immediate comparison by jumping back and forth and he felt the traction was great (probably better than the 2.5") but again did not like the handling coming down hill. I did however feel a noticeable difference on the 174 3" compared to the 2.5", just hope it holds up as good as the 2.5"

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking when the lugs start laying over a bit with a few more miles the braking will improve.

DangleStar127

Reaction score
Hmmmm this is interesting info guys for the most part I should just keep the x3 I got on this thing, I wonder how long till the lugs fold over on that 280. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of rigidity in that sense

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm this is interesting info guys for the most part I should just keep the x3 I got on this thing, I wonder how long till the lugs fold over on that 280. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of rigidity in that sense

Not fold over just lay over. Every track does this to different degrees. The Conquer has some pretty stout ribs on the back of the lugs so we'll see how it goes.

bsoluk

Reaction score
Have one trip on my axys 163 with the 280. So far the track dug better then the stock 2.6. Stopping power felt the same.

Top Bottom