Compact Tractors

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20171227_210803.jpg

Here's a few of the Snow Push I built for my Deere. Works great - Been using it since 2018 without much issue. Wish I woul dhave put a backdragging blade on top, but may add that in the future still. For heavy, wet BC snow, the tractor wouldn't push the full 72". Out here on the prairies where the snow is light, I can push a pile 6' out front of the blade before I start to run out of traction. Saves me a pile of time. Bucket weighs about 210lbs FYI.

Other picture is how I put my sled deck in. Biggest thing is that the forks are light. I built these myself. They weigh 190 lbs. Tines are rated for 2,000lbs. Alot of forks I've seen for the CUT"s are too heavy for what these tractors can do and they suck up capacity too quickly. Hence, why I ended up building alot of my own. Plus, I'm too cheap to pay full size tractor prices for compact sized attachments.

Attachments

• 20171025_171736.jpg
    20171025_171736.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20170422_153108.jpg
    20170422_153108.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 140

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 246547
Here's a few of the Snow Push I built for my Deere. Works great - Been using it since 2018 without much issue. Wish I woul dhave put a backdragging blade on top, but may add that in the future still. For heavy, wet BC snow, the tractor wouldn't push the full 72". Out here on the prairies where the snow is light, I can push a pile 6' out front of the blade before I start to run out of traction. Saves me a pile of time. Bucket weighs about 210lbs FYI.

Other picture is how I put my sled deck in. Biggest thing is that the forks are light. I built these myself. They weigh 190 lbs. Tines are rated for 2,000lbs. Alot of forks I've seen for the CUT"s are too heavy for what these tractors can do and they suck up capacity too quickly. Hence, why I ended up building alot of my own. Plus, I'm too cheap to pay full size tractor prices for compact sized attachments.

That style of push blade is the way to go for moving snow. We have a blade with detachable wings at work so the blade can wing back roadways.
I will try to get a photo the next time I’m on shift.

Rn4

Reaction score
New tractors are fun and all with all their bells and whistles but in the end it’s just more stuff to go wrong. And they cost a pretty penny. Just put my sled deck on this weekend with my little Massey 35, lifted it without a problem. It’s old and crude but for a couple grand it does everything I need for the most part. Only thing it could use is front wheel assist. This spring I picked up a little utb 445 with fwa for a couple grand. Gonna unload the Massey and find a loader for this one and be set. It’s simple and works.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have that much road

Box grader seems good as it will hold dirt and fill in the holes , plus you can back up and push with it

You’d be surprised what the 2 blades will pull. Also will cut washboard out. And pushes gravel backwards making it real smooth - great for packing and smoothing a base
Hyd cylinder in top link on 3 pt is real nice upgrade too
I have a HYd angle blade but rarely use it.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 3038e Deere. I put a 3” thick piece of plate on the front end about 250lbs and also got some allis chalmers wheel weights for back wheels 150lbs each as I hate fluid. This made a tractor out of it. Back tires stay planted with bucket of dirt font tires will steer when snowblower is on back. I had re purposed an old blade to push and it’s ok but to heavy and can’t push that much usually use the blower.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’d be surprised what the 2 blades will pull. Also will cut washboard out. And pushes gravel backwards making it real smooth - great for packing and smoothing a base
Hyd cylinder in top link on 3 pt is real nice upgrade too
I have a HYd angle blade but rarely use it.
Ya , it was the sales guy at the kioti dealer that said a box grader might be better than a blade , only thing is a blade you can angle

If I still lived in sicamous, which is heavy snow and snow blowers don't work as good , I'd probably go with the blade

He told me to watch some videos on the box grader , and that hydro top link would be the cats azz with a box grader

Unfortunately, I'd have to get the rear remotes hooked up , don't have them right now , and the post pounder that came with the tractor has the pto snap on pump for hydro

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a kubota Bx23s and it’s a miserable machine lol. It’s tippy and has a poor lift capacity especially without a counter weight but It hasn’t caused me any issues yet though and has been very reliable

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 8ft Myers plow on my truck, on and off in 5 minutes flat, your finished 10X faster then any brush, plow of blower on a tractor with no maintenance. I have a Clark forklift which can move trailer fast and easy. It's a different angle but a forklift is unbelievably handy to have around. The New Myers Blade and a decent fork lift are cheaper than a compact tractor. I have pallet forks for my JD 6155R but I rarely use them except for posts and rails in a field. If you do decide to buy a tractor you're on the right track, Tractors are Green.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 8ft Myers plow on my truck, on and off in 5 minutes flat, your finished 10X faster then any brush, plow of blower on a tractor with no maintenance. I have a Clark forklift which can move trailer fast and easy. It's a different angle but a forklift is unbelievably handy to have around. The New Myers Blade and a decent fork lift are cheaper than a compact tractor. I have pallet forks for my JD 6155R but I rarely use them except for posts and rails in a field. If you do decide to buy a tractor you're on the right track, Tractors are Green.
Yep ... 8' blade with down pressure on a short wheel base truck is by far the quickest hands down!!!! Only improvement would be a new V blade or one with the power ends to capture stray bits. Bucket on tractor for pushing it back if needed when dealing with wet cement / ice plus blower for tidying up.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy an old JD 4020 or a old WD9 lol
I second that, we have a 3020 at the farm we use with a rack and lift sleds 10 feet in the air to put them on a mezzanine for summer storage. Don’t even know the 850s are on it when lifting 👍🏻

Attachments

• A883DB38-7197-4FC8-9EE3-7FA10F158E26.jpeg
    A883DB38-7197-4FC8-9EE3-7FA10F158E26.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 150

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That hoe on the back probably offsets enough to get some extra weight on the loader.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never a bad idea to have a ballast box or something on the 3pt hitch to balance a smaller tractor for loader work. The hoe on that little JD is perfect for that. Makes it way safer too as if the back wheels come off the ground you lose your ability to brake.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put some rocks in the bucket, extend it and see what it will lift. Lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I leave the rototiller on my 3pt hitch full time...other wise even a bucket load of topsoil gets tippy going down-hill....

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A skid steer would be 100x better and more useful.

Track machines are good in the snow. That’s all we run.

Tractor will be slower and less powerful at everything.

You can get coloured tracks or wheels that don’t leave marks. Operator skill helps, smooth turns.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Skid steer is the way to go. Too bad mine got a stolen. Way better lifting capacity.

I use a JD2305 to clear snow. Does the job, little slower. But ya, as previously stated get a 30+hp tractor or skid steer.

Top Bottom