kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Initially I was going to get a Bob cat for the acerage

But , the 3 point and accessories switched it

Bought this tractor with snow blower , post pounder and post hole auger

Which we need to do some fencing do won't have to rent anything

Only thing I may get is a box grader and rototiller

If you have some lane way to maintain check out a road boss grader attachment. I think they are better than box grader

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have some lane way to maintain check out a road boss grader attachment. I think they are better than box grader
Don't have that much road

Box grader seems good as it will hold dirt and fill in the holes , plus you can back up and push with it

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have that much road

Box grader seems good as it will hold dirt and fill in the holes , plus you can back up and push with it
the 3pt hitch attachment that I use the most around the yard is a rake. Handy for smoothing out driveway, raking lawn, raking garden, works really well

BE4_80110610ORG.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Get a bigger one

I just bought a used 2018 2038r

Even the lift capacity bucket is not as much as I would have liked , as a 35 hp kioti was 500 lb more

It would lift a sled , I have pallet girls, just need extenders View attachment 246254View attachment 246255
I'd like to have one of these, but really don't think I would use it enough for the investment, I've got some dirt to move around right now, and it would be handy in the winter for building toboggan ramps, but other than that my regular garden tractor does what I need.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plow snow with a quad....seriously it's 10x faster than a tractor. I have a Massey GC2300 SCUT. Great unit. I used to use it for snow removal with bucket, garden tilling with a 48" PTO tiller, and grass cutting with 60" deck. Now I use the bucket for hauling potatoes from the garden to the garage and I use the PTO to turn a tiller 2x a year. A decent mower and a quad with a blade have pretty much displaced the ol diesel tractor.
Depends on the type of tractor. I have a hydrostatic drive kubota with a 72" blade with snow runners on it, and i gave up on the quad as the tractor is faster, moves more snow in a pass and changes direction quicker than the quad, not to mention you can stack your piles with the loader

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the type of tractor. I have a hydrostatic drive kubota with a 72" blade with snow runners on it, and i gave up on the quad as the tractor is faster, moves more snow in a pass and changes direction quicker than the quad, not to mention you can stack your piles with the loader
hydrostatic drive is the way to go!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Don’t get anything less than a 32hp tractor. I have a 07 3203 amd it will put a sled on a deck but that’s max. My buddy has the 3320 with the x loader. Same engine just bigger hydraulic pump. Will definitely lift more. As for moving trailers the 3 point hitch is the way to go. I’ve moved a 36 foot bumper tow toy hauler with a side by side in the trailer. That was the max I would do. It actually started to fold my rear tires if I turned to sharp. I bought my tractor new in 07 and have almost 800 hours now. Haven’t had a single problem with it. Best investment I have made.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2520 Deere. With a light set of forks, and 6 x 85lbs suitcase weights out back, I've lifted a hair under 1000lbs with the FEL. You need counterweight! I do load andnhnload my sled deck with the tractor too.

In winter, I built a 72in snow push and have a 60" 3pt Farm King blower hanging off the back. I have a 3pt receiver and 5th wheel pin for tractor moving trailers with 500-700lbs tongue weight is easy.

I had a skid steer and went the other way compared to others - kept the tractor sold the skid. Can do so many more things with the tractor in summer.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the tractor is handy. I've got a hoe attachment and it was money well spent. Front mount blower is fantastic for sidewalk snow removal. Only disappointed with the lift capacity.
PXL_20211011_182945782.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved my 2006 JD 3120. Easily pick a sled with it. I've used it to stick an old hunting camper in the back of a truck. Pushed snow fast. Ran a 60" tiller without an issue. Can find a decent used unit ~$20k with a cab and a couple attachments.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved my 2006 JD 3120. Easily pick a sled with it. I've used it to stick an old hunting camper in the back of a truck. Pushed snow fast. Ran a 60" tiller without an issue. Can find a decent used unit ~$20k with a cab and a couple attachments.
Used to be able too pre covid

Now people want 10-15 grand for a old pos Ford 3000 lol

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to be able too pre covid

Now people want 10-15 grand for a old pos Ford 3000 lol
That's insane. Sold mine about 2 years ago for $15k with bucket and tiller. Less than 500 hours. Thought I made out good.

Top Bottom