Clutching

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a pivot bolt kit on there primary clutch trying to shed some rpm . Still in break in but pull 8200 that’s to high ride in the mountains but sometimes locally have the clicker on 1 but still pulls to many rpm . Any suggestions would be helpful .

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a pivot bolt kit on there primary clutch trying to shed some rpm . Still in break in but pull 8200 that’s to high ride in the mountains but sometimes locally have the clicker on 1 but still pulls to many rpm . Any suggestions would be helpful .
I added heavier bolts on my 22. It made my sled lazy and kinda have a kick down and hesitation when you pin it. Ended up with a clutch kit from Arctic edge motorsports. Multiple days on the kit now and it rocks. Simply adding weight did not work well on my Sled

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Riderz Turbo Tamers with a slightly tweaked set up from Riderz baseline. Worked really well. Pulled 7900 all day long, never spiked up to 8000 once. Trying another set up next time I get out that I will tweak a bit and see which set up works best for me. The TT's are a quick and effective solution for anyone that doesn't want to invest in a full clutch kit for sure. If all I wanted was to get the RPM's down I would have been done with clutching this sled in less than an hour and under $200.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We did some validation testing on the weekend a stock 2022 165 and one with my helix, spring and weight combo. Stronger in the mid range and more top end. Back shift was faster and the belt warning didn't come on once. the stock sled had the belt temp warning come on 3 times.

I have stock if your interested.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did some validation testing on the weekend a stock 2022 165 and one with my helix, spring and weight combo. Stronger in the mid range and more top end. Back shift was faster and the belt warning didn't come on once. the stock sled had the belt temp warning come on 3 times.

I have stock if your interested.
Yeah; that’s kinda what we figured as well. Changing the secondary should make a huge difference as long as a guy knows how tune the primary after.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah; that’s kinda what we figured as well. Changing the secondary should make a huge difference as long as a guy knows how tune the primary after.
The stock secondary spring is real stiff and stops shift with a 303lb finish rate. The primary weights have been tested and wont need tuning. just install and go. I go to a multi-angle helix and a softer secondary spring.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Riderz Turbo Tamers with a slightly tweaked set up from Riderz baseline. Worked really well. Pulled 7900 all day long, never spiked up to 8000 once. Trying another set up next time I get out that I will tweak a bit and see which set up works best for me. The TT's are a quick and effective solution for anyone that doesn't want to invest in a full clutch kit for sure. If all I wanted was to get the RPM's down I would have been done with clutching this sled in less than an hour and under $200.
Where did you purchase that

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx Ben but I already had a multi angle helix to try. I like to see how all these different kits work for different riders. The clutching that works for one persons riding style might seem like junk to someone that rides completely different. That’s the magic in clutching. 👍🏻

Last edited:

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx Ben but I already had a kit to try with a multi angle helix as well. I like to see how all these different kits work for different riders. The clutching that works for one persons riding style might seem like junk to some that rides completely different. That’s the magic in clutching. 👍🏻
So true every machine just a little different nice kit gives you the flexibility With lots of adjustments

Top Bottom