clutch tool requirment

t-bomb

Reaction score
I am about to tear into my clutches as I think there are due for a service on my 2010 800 RMK Assult. when doing that I want to also change the spring and weights to see if I can get some better performance

I have a clutch puller for my primary but other than that I dont have much more.

I know when I did some work on my quad clutch I made a homemade tool to compress the spring on the secondary and used a socket extension (weged in the frame) and strap wrench to keep the clutched from turning while install and removal.

Myquestion is what sort of special tools do I really need to buy when doing? Is there home made suggestions so I can change weights and spings. Also thinking about adding the derlin washer to the secondary as reccomended by SLP to help with Backshifting. I do see that the aftermarket sells all sorts of specialty tools for the job but I dont feel like dumping money on something that I will only use once or twice.

Does anyone know of a place that will do a loan a tool program like Canadian tire?

Last what about alignment of the two clutches. Do I need to be concerned with that when re-installing them

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am about to tear into my clutches as I think there are due for a service on my 2010 800 RMK Assult. when doing that I want to also change the spring and weights to see if I can get some better performance

I have a clutch puller for my primary but other than that I dont have much more.

I know when I did some work on my quad clutch I made a homemade tool to compress the spring on the secondary and used a socket extension (weged in the frame) and strap wrench to keep the clutched from turning while install and removal.

Myquestion is what sort of special tools do I really need to buy when doing? Is there home made suggestions so I can change weights and spings. Also thinking about adding the derlin washer to the secondary as reccomended by SLP to help with Backshifting. I do see that the aftermarket sells all sorts of specialty tools for the job but I dont feel like dumping money on something that I will only use once or twice.

Does anyone know of a place that will do a loan a tool program like Canadian tire?

Last what about alignment of the two clutches. Do I need to be concerned with that when re-installing them

to change primary you just need to pull main bolt and unbolt the cover off with the 6 small bolts. then you can replace spring weights and pins but probably do not have to replace pins or weights unless you want to try mds or belly busters.

to take the secondary off, you unbolt it and then take out torx screws on back side. use a rubber mallet to break helix free. You will need a clutch compressor for secondary to replace spring and add delerin washers. Really only other tool you need besides a puller, i made my own with a threaded rod. piece of ply wood and a 4" piece of hockey stick.

as for aligning im not sure, they should be fine but if you want to spend the $100 to get a good alignment tool its up to you.

Top Bottom