Clutch clickers

cory_697

Reaction score
Have a a 2022 summit 850
Got it set on #3 what came with factory with rode it in mcbride was good will it be fine around northern Alberta ? As the bolt will not budge on one of the three of the, so was just gonna ride it on 3

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clicker three is fine, try to get that other bolt free. They don’t need to be very tight

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of the 2022 have lock tite
need a little heat to break em free

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your going to need a stronger tool than the L-wrench that doo supplies. They break very easily.

cory_697

Reaction score
Your going to need a stronger tool than the L-wrench that doo supplies. They break very easily.
Yes what’s the easiest way to replace those bolt that adjusts the clickers, small peice of tool is broke in it and can’t drill it out

Squireller

Reaction score
I did the same got a pivot bolt kit from ibackshift that uses a true Allen wrench and never have an issue with it again. And do not over tighten stock bolts

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes what’s the easiest way to replace those bolt that adjusts the clickers, small peice of tool is broke in it and can’t drill it out
You should be able to take small punch and carefully tap the broke tool piece back and forth till its loose from the bolt. Then I would suggest heat it up a bit with a micro torch, get a 3/8 drive hex head/allen key, put an extension on it and give it a good tap with the hammer. Then try to work it out. if you get too much deflection in the hex head, stop before you break it. More heat.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to take small punch and carefully tap the broke tool piece back and forth till its loose from the bolt. Then I would suggest heat it up a bit with a micro torch, get a 3/8 drive hex head/allen key, put an extension on it and give it a good tap with the hammer. Then try to work it out. if you get too much deflection in the hex head, stop before you break it. More heat.
Sounds like Technician talk to me. 👍

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so much. Broke a lot of S&$t then watched people with more smarts than me fix my mistakes.
Some of us are naturally or habitually good at wrenching. Some of us learn by making mistakes and some of us learn from others mistakes. In the end it only matters if the machine runs good enough to have fun!

Top Bottom