clubtread.com WOW!!

SKIROULE

Reaction score

Has anyone stumbled onto clubtread.com? It is a big anti-motor, tree hugger site. The evil opposite of S&M. I was searching for someinfo on the Trans Canada Trail system when this site popped up under"Peace River Trail- Don't Go!", or “more snowmobiler deaths in BC”.What I found was disturbing and the more I looked into this site the more itbothered me! I didn’t know Albertan's were considered so low by some of thesepeople and they are so self-righteous. Worse yet is how there is no filter onthe language at all! Some of the postings contain ugly comments directed atAlberta people but they seem to also spread the hate for really everyone who isnot part of their opinion of what the outdoors are truly for. I know this isjust the ranting’s of a bunch of douche bags but check it out and you will seewhat I mean!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously considered flooding their message boards with pictures from the "worst stuck" thread but decided that wouldn't help our cause.

IG650

Reaction score
There are some Real serious Leaf lickers on that site.

There was a thread on there criticizing Snowmobilers and Avys from the Holier than thou on there. There are reasonable Individuals that are involved in motorsports than counter the other opinions with educated voices, but they are the minority.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used that site in the past for find trail systems and other gems hidden in our favorite trekking areas.

Its tough being someone who loves sledding, biking, quading, but also loves being able to get away from it all and hike into areas that only a handful of people a year venture into and then of all things, drop a line into an alpine lake in hopes of catching a small trout that I might eat that night while I camp along the lakes shore! Adding to that, I bring my dog along with me (which typically behaves better than most of the kids I see on the mountain)

I can't say I have been to any of those sites very often. I usually get into an arguement (haha, me argue?) on ethics and entitlement. There are quite a few self righteous idiots who frequent those forums. They drive their $40k urban grocery getter at mach 1 along the hiways each weekend to get away from the city life and complain about the likes of us. Maybe I will have to go on there and see if I can add an opinion of sorts.

I consider myself a backcountry enthusiast. I sled, ride dirt bikes, quads, I hike, camp, fish, would love to get back into hunting, take photos and so on. Above all, I respect what we have. Whether we are riding sleds or backcountry camping we just need to encourage respect for one another.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I would say don't stoop to their level and post and post stuck pics and stuff they don't need any more ammo. What I did notice was on our site when skiers passed away due to alvalanches there was threads of condolences to the skiers..... Do you think skiers have the same respect on their message boards??

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say don't stoop to their level and post and post stuck pics and stuff they don't need any more ammo. What I did notice was on our site when skiers passed away due to alvalanches there was threads of condolences to the skiers..... Do you think skiers have the same respect on there boards??

A bunch of them are skiiers

Top Bottom