Ckx titan helmet

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Titan. Not sure of other lids but the Titan is ECE rated. Correct me if I am wrong. DOT minimum standards, then Snell, and ECE is a higher protection. Hey, its only your head so go ahead and cheap out. Just something to think about.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bought one this year , got one weekend with it. Comming from a 509 carbon altitude. I wouldn’t go back, love it. Just need a external battery for my electric googles,

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just bought one of these at the Sportsman show for next season. Looking forward to trying it come next sled season

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been using one for about 8 years now, would never go back to anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just added heated googles, what battery are you guys using,not sure if I should go with the big battery or a couple small ones

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just added heated googles, what battery are you guys using,not sure if I should go with the big battery or a couple small ones
I rode with a guy the other week who actually made a cable adapter for his wifes heated goggles to go to a 12v to USB adapter.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried them on ...too hot and claustrophobic...klim f3 carbon and even thats too hot most days ...going to pick up a BMX helmet for spring riding

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried them on ...too hot and claustrophobic...klim f3 carbon and even thats too hot most days ...going to pick up a BMX helmet for spring riding

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Fox rampage. Downhill helmet. No more foggy goggles cause your head always cold. Especially if you’re a head sweater like me. That’s what fog your goggles is your eyeballs.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the complete setup to just plug them into the power outlet in the glove box. I rarely have issues fogging up untill it gets cold so won’t use them much anyway. Might just try it with that for now. Can add a battery later, Dess key and unplugging googles every time I get off my sled would suck .

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm new to a Carbon Titan Air-flow this year coming off a super-light Suomy. Love the helmet and the bit of extra weight compared to my Suomy is worth it for having a really comfortable helmet again.
The Titan goggles aren't that great to be honest compared to my old Zeal's that never fogged up, but I ended up buying a set of the CKX electric goggles with a big battery and keep it in my pocket, and normally just leave the battery on #2 all day. Once I got used to the battery pack and glued a velcro strap onto it so the cable doesn't come undone in my pocket, it's really good.

My nephew bought an Anker battery pack off Amazon and just made a USB to RCA charging cable adaptor instead of buying their expensive battery.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my CKX helmet as well. I am going to try the 509 goggles in mine. I like the quick change lens option of the 509. The CKX could improve on the goggles lenses change out.
Maybe the new ones are better. Mine is a few years old.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ive had a CKX helmet since they came out. In fact I have 2 of them. IMHO they are a great helmet.
Not so much the goggles. The initial release of the goggles was a terrible piece of equipment. They didn’t last the season before they literally fell apart.
They are better now but they are still on the bottom of the scale as far as I am concerned. Lens change-out is a pita, they aren’t breathable causing fogging, and the lens quality isn’t comparable to other brands.
That’s my $0.02.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had a CKX helmet since they came out. In fact I have 2 of them. IMHO they are a great helmet.
Not so much the goggles. The initial release of the goggles was a terrible piece of equipment. They didn’t last the season before they literally fell apart.
They are better now but they are still on the bottom of the scale as far as I am concerned. Lens change-out is a pita, they aren’t breathable causing fogging, and the lens quality isn’t comparable to other brands.
That’s my $0.02.

I’ve never used ckx goggles. They are the quality of Walmart and target products, I use Oakley heated goggles and Abom with the helmet. Have had 2 of them myself and had one for the wife as well as every riding buddy except one has switched over as well since I started using them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom